Constellation

Re: Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exact thing happened to me
userbwxc3CBO7b
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened with my S-pen... I purchased my Note 9 on Sep 13th 2018 and used the S-pen hardly 2-3 times. Last month the silver part came out and the lower part got stuck in the phone.

userwrGkdnZU4i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to click the link in the solution post as my s pen just snapped in half after having the phone for a month and each time I clicked it Samsung+ would close and stop working. Please help!!! Thanks

uservTPDOSwCj7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll join the group. Broken S-Pen while it was inserted and phone fell of my night stand. Unbelievable. This pen is as soft and brittle as my feelings. I've had the note 4 and 8 with no S-Pen issues. 

donm527
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

People in another forum had reported and shown pics of having warped S-Pens. Pics show a slight curve or bend where the chromed piece joins with the main pen. Have you noticed the pen warped before it broke?

My guess it comes down to poor QC when assembling a batch of these pens.

If you look at the JerryRigs video on the older S-pen teardown, the chromed piece has maybe a thin 1/4 inch plastic that is basically pressed/joined to the tube of main pen. To get a pen that is warped means when they pressed them together that it didnt go in straight and bent that plastic plug. To stress/bend a small piece of plastic keeping the two parts together must weaken it. Some may get lucky and holds together. Some may not and a bit of pressure on the pen could snap it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=907401&p=6331349&viewfull=1#post6331349

user7cKHLd34XN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

well I have a broken spen 

u have for one month the Samsung galaxy note 9 

one day I was trying to use and than just broken 

so I need one so I can use what I have to do

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7cKHLd34XN Thanks for reaching out. Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide me the following information.

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Street Address
  • Phone Number
  • Place of Purchase
  • Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number

userVDGo4uXx0i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is ridiculous. there should be support for this. leading edge technology and you want customers to have to chase down a solution. I have had to replace my Galaxy 7 three seperate times and now this.

Then I go to select the link that is provided in this forum, and attempt to login and the link to reset my password on the samsung website is broke. You guys are horrible. Im been sa samsung user for years, but i think its time for me to switch to apple and their iphones.

userL57wLAxo4s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have owned my new Note 9 for one month and today it slipped out of my suit pocket and fell on the carpeted floor.  The S Pen popped out and broke.  It's super fragile!  The replacement pen is $29!  Is there a 90 day warranty on the S pens?

Thanks,

Kat

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have you send me your full model code and IMEI number of your phone via private message?