cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashie07cole
Astronaut

Re: Broken S-Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine broke off in the phone at the same spot that everyone else has broken !! Verizon wouldn't help and said the insurance only covers the phone 🙄. Help? It's pretty much new. I have had notes since the note 2 and this is the worst pen for quality ! 

userIRADXEpvHg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having problems with my S pen also. Can you help me? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIRADXEpvHg, for assistance with this concern, you can send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userDjKsWecX8Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a recurrent theme! Mine broke off INSIDE my phone.  Go figure!

TJ7979
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine broke as well - and in the same spot as the others, i.e. top 1/3 where Samsung logo starts.   Called support and let them know what happened.   No help.  Told me to order a new one, but is not yet orderable.   I had a Note 4 S-pen for ~3-4 years and no issues.   My Note9 S-pen is now un-usable in less than 2 weeks.   :-(

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We mare sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and IMEI of your device to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernyWukJII9Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I both have the Note9. Note, that we were iPhone users for over 10 years and just made the switch to what we thought was going to be a great phone.

We both have very nice Tech21 cases on the phones and Whitestone glass screen protectors.

The second day of use her phone fell off the counter (34") high. The phone was fine but of course, the S-pen fell out on impact and immediately snapped in half... Are you kidding me?

So, I gave her my S-pen to have until we could figure this out. 2 days later her phone dropped out of her jeans pocket and guess what....? The S-pen springs out on impact, the phone is fine and the S-pen snaps in half again in a different spot this time. At the back joint.

I cannot believe that this should happen EVERY TIME a drop occurs. We are very careful to protect our phones and now this. $100 in S-pens broken in 2 days. I hope we can find a remedy to this and I hope Samsung re-thinks the design of these pens. This is not good. I can provide pictures as well.

usertLeUSC98DQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You say you are very careful to protect your phones but then you clearly describe that your wife is not careful at all by repeatedly dropping a $1000+ phone.  Which is it?  Speaking of which, you first state that you have been iPhone users and owners for 10 years.  What does that have to do with being very careful with your phones but they keep getting dropped?  Methinks you are trying to smear Samsung so you can live out your iPhone is the best fantasy but not really.  The iPhone club is very expensive with dubious claims of innovation, design (of which apple hardly designs or engineers many of the parts inside not to mention no factories but hey $1 trillion), overpriced, same launcher as original iPhone (lol, really?), bad labor oversight outside of USA, the Apple taxes you have to pay after over paying for the main product (Apple is the king of dongles) but Apple doesn't pay taxes (hmmm), imperialism (USB stands for UNIVERSAL serial bus but proprietary lightning connector, reeks of imperial measurements in a metric world), sealed batteries from day one, dubious updates with intentional throttling (lol @ we did it to help you), when the headphone jack was available it wasn't standard like the rest of the world and I could go on.  Oh you might want to ask your friends how well that sapphire camera lens is working out for them.  It scratches with a 6 on the mohs scale much like their dubious claim of strongest glass in the world which is the same as other flagship phones.  Lol @ the $5-600 for back glass replacement of newest phones but you're complaining about a thin piece of plastic with a super capacitor inside.

My first 2 iPhones were defective.  6+ bending issue because of under engineered weak chassis. The 6S+, the 2nd one had all kinds of issues from software to charging and randomly calling people.  The 7+, my 3rd iPhone has a weird issue when charging.  It randomly turns off and I have to hold power button down LONGER than 30 seconds to power back up.  It also likes to randomly call people though not as much as the 6S+ and nowhere near all the iPhone owners that butt dial me all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  Apple needs to show more care in their engineering, programming, design and human rights instead of deflecting the blame and taxing the customers when they've been had.  Far more issues than any of Samsung's flagships, aside from note7, but Apple has had way more issues from poor engineering, design and programming but the owners always have an apology for Apple no matter how unlogical the reasoning. (Goes to show how advertising really works) That's why they're charging exorbitant prices and people are still buying them.  You know it's not ease of use or high quality when iPhone X owners have to ask how much complimentary chips and salsa are at a Mexican restaurant.  True stories.  😁  It's the status of the logo.  Much like Jordan's, the exorbitant price does not make it a superior b-ball shoe because of the swoosh and Jumpman logo.  You're paying for advertising that is blatantly disrespectful to intelligent people that see the whole picture for what it is and not through Apple colored lenses. 

Anyways, good luck "being careful" with your note 9.  If you're extra careful your stylus may not break next time your wife drops it.  Again. 

crhodes
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning I went to remove my S Pen and only the metallic portion came out, having broken from the rest of the pen.  I've only had my Note 9 for a few weeks.  I reached out to Samsung Customer Care and was told that it is not covered.  I've been a Samsung customer for over a decade and have had every version of the Note.  This is clearly a faulty item, not damage.  If this is the kind of customer "care" I can expect from Samsung, I will no longer be purchasing their products!

RockynRobyn84
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi can you help me too? Having same issue,  dropped onto carpet and end part broke. I'm very upset. I don't want to have to pay more money on an already expensive phone for a part that seems it should be more durable please help