JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls going straight to Voicemail Note 9

(Topic created: 11-29-2018 01:19 AM)
5killabees
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having troble with calls going straight to voice mail? I have had my sim switched out and it still is happening.

0 Likes
Silverfireblade
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try Verizon tmobile might suck in your area.

0 Likes
userTkQiJrbSuK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is happening for me too frequently and I'm in NZ, so this is a global problem

0 Likes
98 SNAKE EATER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is actually one of the reasons why I ordered a new Note 9 to replace my current Note 4 Edge (this and horrible reception during calls)

I really hope this isn’t an issue with the new phone

0 Likes
userTkQiJrbSuK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you mean call quality during calls, then its fine so long as it's not between the Samsung and an iPhone as then it's just terrible. Of course that's a known issue that no one seems to talk about.

I do find it depressing that you buy the flagship phone from Samsung and it fails to perform it's most basic function as a phone.
0 Likes
userNjeAFJm0Sh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I called Verizon, my carrier, because I was having the same problem.  They ran a diagnostic and everything was functioning properly.  They had me dial *73 to remove call forwarding which my account said was not active.  After dialing *73 (you will hear a few beeps and then be disconnected) the calls are no longer forwarding to voice mail. I am sure if this works for all carriers.  You may want to give it a try.

Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Go into Settings in the phone dialer and make sure the option to forward calls to voicemail is not turned on

userTkQiJrbSuK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Wicked68 wrote:

Go into Settings in the phone dialer and make sure the option to forward calls to voicemail is not turned on

It's not any obvious thing like that, there are no settings making this happen, it's a fundamental bug with the note 9.

uservupKGLqFlG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Perhaps will be fixed w/update

0 Likes
userkwFEJGgdkX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This has been an ongoing issue for me also. New SIM installed and is not any better. Has anyone contacted Samsung ? I'm going to try and call tech support. 

Solution
userHmqkCVyz6G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked perfectly on my wife's Note 9 with T-Mobile.  Go to Call Settings -> More Settings -> Call Forwarding.  Make sure that the first option, "Always forward" shows "Turned off".