JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls going straight to Voicemail Note 9

(Topic created: 09-19-2018 12:27 PM)
5killabees
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anyone else having troble with calls going straight to voice mail? I have had my sim switched out and it still is happening.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userHmqkCVyz6G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked perfectly on my wife's Note 9 with T-Mobile.  Go to Call Settings -> More Settings -> Call Forwarding.  Make sure that the first option, "Always forward" shows "Turned off".

View solution in context

24 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

0 Likes
user6HA6VwKlSv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If they are personal calls then no.  If they are telemarking calls, then yes.  I have seen several articles where telemarketers have used technology to leave ringless voicemails.

0 Likes
5killabees
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I don't know what you mean safe mode. I just get people texting me saying that they called me and it went to voicemail. I have sat beside someone that called me and my phone did not ring. 

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

To place your device in safe mode - 

Restart your device

When the Samsung Logo appears

Press and hold the power button and Volume down button 

The words Safe Mode should appear on the screen

0 Likes
usersuAa4hejNH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine too.  How do I fix it?

0 Likes
user1ibDvjL0Pi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been having the same issue with my Note 9.  It occurs about one out of 4 calls.  I factory reset my phone, turned off bluetooth, but still have the problem.

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@5killabees wrote:

Is anyone else having troble with calls going straight to voice mail? I have had my sim switched out and it still is happening.

This maybe due to "s.p.a.m protection call." Try to disabled it on the menu setting in phone app and try if it still happening. 

0 Likes
userQsadPrNhzh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I am having the same issue.  Is there a fix? Has anyone experienced a blackout screen when trying to engage multiple features example: taking a phone call and attempting to access photo gallery?

0 Likes
user5V3hQQpE6d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

a lot of people texting me because my phone takes them straight into voice mail. Any suggestions? I am on T-Mobile