I have a Galaxy Note 9 running Pie (software says its up to date) and the voice commands to take a picture (smile, cheeze, shoot,etc.) quit working a while back. The settings are all correct in the camera app. I'm wondering if there is another setting somewhere in the software that might be causing this. Any ideas?
Have you tried booting your device in safe mode to see if you still experience the same symptoms?
Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.
Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!