cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Can I trust Samsung pay

Is Samsung pay safe to use? I really want to set up my account but not sure I can trust it.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Can I trust Samsung pay

That is a fantastic question, and legitimate concern to have. Samsung pay is safe to use because of Knox security, what Knox security is, is basically a secondary vault of encryption for certain files that you have on your device (i.e. the gallery, notes, Samsung pass, calendar, etc...) Furthermore, Samsung pay does not give vendors the last four of your actual cards, rather you give them 4 digits that show up on your card through the app, without actually giving them your personal information. AS well as Samsung pay gives you NFC payment method as well as MST (every other terminal that does not accept NFC. Try it out, get Samsung rewards, and fall in love with not having your wallet on you at all times

Highlighted
Product Expert

Paying with mobile wallet is often more secure than swiping with your card. That is because Samsung Pay doesn't store your personal or financial information directly on your device. Instead, it uses tokenization for transactions. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

i use samsung pay and a lot of the time since i forget my wallet at home, i trust it cause i havent had any card issues or bank problems. nothing fruadulant, knox security keeps it on lock and ive used  since getting my s9+ 2 years ago.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I was skeptical about Samsung Pay at first too. But knowing that several layers of security exist, including knox, and other security features I gave it a try. It works good and works at most pay terminals even ones that don't have NFC.

Highlighted
Astronaut

It is trust able

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've been using it a few years with no issues at all and love it. I would say to just be sure to secure your phone well just in case it is lost. The service is great.