JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't factory reset

(Topic created: 08-28-2020 10:27 AM)
darly58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Reset grayed out and The software update of this device is controlled by your organization.  So I went to check for software update and I get this error "Service Unavailable.  The software update of this device is controlled by y organization".  Then I was going to factory reset and it's grayed out.  Can someone point me to what is controlling my phone please?

4 Replies
Solution
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Ensure the device is powered off. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons. Continue to hold the Volume Up, Bixby and Power buttons until 'Samsung Galaxy Note9' displays on the screen. Release the buttons once the screen goes blank and the 'Android Recovery' screen appears.

if this helps hit the like button and mark as solution!
darly58
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried that.  There is no option to factory reset.  It's like something is controlling my phone.  I get Reset grayed out and The software update of this device is controlled by your organization when I try to check for updates.

0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
By any chance is it a phone distributed by your work?
0 Likes
usermCFm5BqItr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have exactly the same problem. there phone is mine. However, I receive work email on the phone, and to do that, I downloaded mobile iron. It has admin privileges so the employer can wipe their data from the phone and I am not allowed to use certain features if they are less secure. Could mobileiron be the culprit?
0 Likes