cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can´t see Live Focus photos in gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a Galaxy Note 9, awesome phone. But, as many people out there, I have the same Live Focus blurring, not buzzing, just blurring issue. Besides that, not every time, but, with most of the Live Focus photos taken, after a few minutes of it, I cannot watch them in the gallery, all it gives to me is a big fat gray square with an exclamation mark. Yes, I did the camera clear cache and data, and restart the phone. Yes, I did the same thing on the gallery app (althought I did not lose any photo, do this at your own risk). Yes, I am waiting for the "live focus ready." sign before take the picture.

Please help, I´ve been using nothing but Note products (5 phones with this one) since the legendary Note N7000 (bought 2 of it), and I want to keep using Galaxy Note products in the future, only if this problem can be turned into history. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: After 20 minutes of testing in safe mode, i could not rep...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cmarmolejos236 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone using these steps here? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Hold down these three keys:
    • Volume Up
    • Home
    • Power
  3. When the phone vibrates:
    1. Release the Power key.
    2. Continue to hold down the Volume Up and Home keys.
  4. When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume Down key until wipe cache partition is selected. 
    wipe cache.png
  6. Press the Power key.
  7. Wait until reboot system now is selected. 
    reboot.png
  8. Press the Power key.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can´t see Live Focus photos in gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cmarmolejos236 Does this still happen when your phone in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

After 20 minutes of testing in safe mode, i could not rep...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 20 minutes of testing in safe mode, i could not replicate the gallery issue, but the blurring is still there. What's next?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: After 20 minutes of testing in safe mode, i could not rep...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cmarmolejos236 Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone using these steps here? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Hold down these three keys:
    • Volume Up
    • Home
    • Power
  3. When the phone vibrates:
    1. Release the Power key.
    2. Continue to hold down the Volume Up and Home keys.
  4. When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  5. Press the Volume Down key until wipe cache partition is selected. 
    wipe cache.png
  6. Press the Power key.
  7. Wait until reboot system now is selected. 
    reboot.png
  8. Press the Power key.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

Gonna try it right now, I'll post the results in a moment.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gonna try it right now, I'll post the results in a moment.

Highlighted
Asteroid

After wiping the cache partition, Im seeing some improvem...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After wiping the cache partition, Im seeing some improvement in the rear camera live focus mode, both for the blurring (not that much, but there is more sharpness) and for the gallery big fat gray square issue. Can't say the same about the blurring on the selfie cam, still there.

Maybe an update from you guys can fix the problem? What should I do next?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I will be testing the live focus mode on the selfie cam t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will be testing the live focus mode on the selfie cam today and tomorrow, to see if it has something to do with the light where I am right now, and I will be posting my results.

Do not worry, I am not a Denvercoder9 Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATE: So far, the gallery issue with Live Focus photos...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: So far, the gallery issue with Live Focus photos has disappeared, no more big fat gray square. Live Focus photos taken with rear camera are showing a little improvement but with some errors (see image 1). I think selfie cam sharpness and blurring issue has to do with how the software manages the ambient light and the distance between the phone and the object (image 2 and 3 to see difference in sharpness at different distance between the selfie cam and me, note how the image 2 is blurry at some borders of my head, while image 3 is almost a perfect shot).

Wiping the cache partition of my note9 did solve a part of the problem, but Samsung needs to fix this error and upgrade the quality of Live Focus mode ASSSSSSSSAP!!!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATE: After wiping cache partition, I've been taking a...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: After wiping cache partition, I've been taking a lot of photos with Live Focus mode, and it just went back to the original issue (crappy blurring, no buzzing thanks God). Samsung needs to do something to fix this. As far as I know, the update from the S9 camera is out, but only for T-Mobile devices. Mine is an At&t device (baseband N960USQU1CSC1). Please Samsung, don't let us down this time.