cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLhdFVAxsRz
Asteroid

Cannot turn off Wi-Fi calling; nagging notification keeps resurfacing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wifi calling keeps turning back on automatically after the most recent update.  This causes a notification to pop up asking me to enter emegency contact information.  When I select the notification and attempt to configure it, it spins for a while and eventually times out with an error.  The notification does not go away.  The only way for me to get rid of it is Settings / Apps / Show system apps / Wi-Fi calling.  There I can press "Force stop" and the notification goes away -- for a little while.  The "Disable" button is greyed out so that I cannot turn off Wi-Fi calling, which is what I really want to do.  I have disabled all notifications and permissions, and set "Change system settings" to "Not allowed" but it still keeps re-enabling and spamming me with the useless notification.  How can I turn off and/or completely remove Wi-Fi calling from my Note 9?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot turn off Wi-Fi calling; nagging notification keeps resurfacing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for Wi-Fi calling? After clearing the cache and data, restart your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for Wi-Fi calling? After clearing the cache and data, restart your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userFyfSxwC5b8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oddly enough, the notifcation never came back after the last time I did a force-stop on Wi-Fi calling.  I'm sure it will eventually, but it's gone for now.

Regarding your suggestion, I will do that too, but I have no indication that it'll cause the notification to go away forever, and it certainly does nothing towards disabling Wi-Fi calling entirely, which is what I really want to do.

Samsung_40AuALe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I want to know my Wi-Fi information so I can hook it up to my laptop please contact me support team Samsung

Samsung_40AuALe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not want to turn off the Wi-Fi I want to be able to connect it to my laptop please contact me support team to help me know how to do it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the previous steps @SamsungAdam presented in this thread?