cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patriceliz
Constellation

Re: Changing the Note 9 messages background

Yes, I feel that same way. I was able to before I did an update on my phone. Now my messages are all white background. This is very boring. 

Brad Bilger
Galaxy

@Patriceliz wrote:

Yes, I feel that same way. I was able to before I did an update on my phone. Now my messages are all white background. This is very boring. 

The only thing saving my eyeballs is NIGHT MODE!!  THANK YOU SAMSUNG for finally adding that.  Now, can you bring back some of the other things that vanished?? LOL

usergObhTP5bIw
Astronaut

I agree I can't tell if it's an old message or who is who in group text. White very hard to track.

userKBkGvO3loK
Constellation

userftmW8RqPu3
Asteroid

Absolutely!  I've had my Note 9 for about two weeks and I've gotta say ... as I set up the phone I was underwhelmed and utterly disappointed in the lack of personalization features. 

I compared it to my Note 3 and was amazed at how much more 3 had to offer. Aside from not being able to change the messaging app I really miss the ability to write a personalized message that would display on the homescreen.  You could change the font, the color of the font, and add a colored background (behind the text). 

I've made a list of features I'd like to see in an update and plan to send it to Samsung. I had called them for some help and the person actually asked me to send the list because their engineering team actually reviews customer requests. So, please (everyone), do the same b/c hopefully the more people they hear from the better chance we have at getting the features we miss/want. 

Captain_J
Constellation

Did they give you a specific way to send the list?

userftmW8RqPu3
Asteroid

Fully agree. It's frustrating that my $150 Sky Pro J7 offers the ability to change the BG & talk bubbles but our $1,000+/- Note 9 phones do not. The J7 also has many other customizable features the N9 doesn't. Let's hope Samsung will listen. 

Sirjosehime
Constellation

Its nice you stuck with Samsung. But your comparing an entry level smartphone with a flagship phone. Not many phones out right now have the hardware the note 9 has. The Lg V40 is the only one with similar specs. But with the 128 or more internal storage and 6Gb of ram it surpasses most devices. Not to mention the screen quality and water cooled graphics card. Did you know the Tab-A has 4,200mha battery and the note 9 has a 4,000mhp battery.  Crazy to think the note 9 has basically a tablet battery in it. Lol the bluetooth S-pen is also nice being able to take pictures. Anyways I understand that there isnt a customizable message background but the hardware is worth it to me. Did you know the note 9 has a operating system that takes up 17gb of storage, that's double most phones have. Just imagine the space required for more features for the note 9.  I would also like it if they added the ability to do so. But on the Pie update they added that feature along with many more. They say the update comes out near the 15th of January. But with anything there is a little give and take. Also as far as phones goes it is one of the best looking and fastest phones out right now, and with a military grade case and tempered glass screen pro it's hard to break the phone. Exited about the Pie update?

user5U9GMMQxWZ
Constellation

Precisely...hate the blazing white background in messages.  Really??? Nothing available except black letters on white backgroud?  So they've morphed back to MS DOS era sans colors?  (Ok, you could do black screen with either green or orange letters...though that was better than the current eyestrain mode.)

userKBkGvO3loK
Constellation