cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorenzoARod
Constellation

Re: Changing the Note 9 messages background

I thought I was going crazy. Seeing this thread makes me glad I'm not the only one dreading the plain white with no option to change it! 

usercqM8f3wQTo
Constellation

Seriously,  such a simple tweak makes a huge difference... I don't understand why Samsung keeps messing with stuff we're used to and expect from previous phones' experience...

Just like Apple... such a bad experience...

userKBkGvO3loK
Asteroid

YoPistol
Constellation

I so agree, first they took the text tone now the bakground.. I want them to just stop it!

userKBkGvO3loK
Asteroid

userCIeVfhzCLe
Constellation

Me too, what everyone else said. This is my second day using this phone and I thought I just had to be missing it. Guess not. Maybe I'll put the Sim card  back in my perfectly good  Note 8. I also lost my swype keyboard on the note 9 :/

Brad Bilger
Galaxy

The deal with Swype was they simply stopped supporting the keyboard app.  I used the same thing on my Note 5 and loved it.  When I moved to the 9, I didn't get that app, so I went to download it again.  So far, I've experimented with about 3 different keyboards before settling on GBoard.  Seems to do pretty good.  I had one that totally refused to type the word "was".  No matter how many times I tried.  I finally gave up on that one.. LOL  I keep hoping that the move to Pie, when and if it ever happens will correct some of these problems, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Cturn3e
Asteroid

Please update the setting in the messages back! I love to be able to change my Message background picture not just theme for android! thats the main reason why I purchase galaxy products over iPhone. The new phones are coming out with too many restrictions to my phone. We pay over $1,000 for our phones and I'm Terribly dissapointed in galaxy. Please bring back the option to change our backgrounds in the messages. And for God sake update the keyboard for emoji predictions!

Thanks 

userGyk17V8gNc
Constellation

Amen. 

useraR6S5AC9sF
Constellation

I totally agree. They already took away the option to set your own personalized notification tone for individual contacts. Now I can't change background image. I'm already needing reading glasses and the high contact background does not help.