JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Clock App has LA on GMT

(Topic created: 03-21-2019 01:54 PM)
mrsn10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The date/time app on my Samsung Note 9 has been glitching for the last 3 days. At first, I would just restart my phone to fix the date/time issue which used to work. Now after restarting it several times a day, my phone now says the correct date but not the time. It shows the LA time zone as the GMT time zone, not PST time zone. In fact, it shows PST as 830p-GMT, not the ACTUAL time in LA which is 1:45pm-PST. I've tried turning my phone off completely for 10 min and when it comes back on it shows the time as 7 HOURS AHEAD. I've also tried resetting the apps, and it has not worked either. What am I supposed to do now? Now, none of my alarms go off at the right time. HELP!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can change the Time manually. From Settings, tap General management > Date and time. The following options are available:
•
Automatic date and time: Receive date and time updates from your wireless network. When Automatic date and time is disabled, the following options are available:
–
Select time zone: Choose a new time zone.
–
Set date: Enter the current date.
–
Set time: Enter the current time.
•
Use 24-hour format: Set the format for displaying time.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can change the Time manually. From Settings, tap General management > Date and time. The following options are available:
•
Automatic date and time: Receive date and time updates from your wireless network. When Automatic date and time is disabled, the following options are available:
–
Select time zone: Choose a new time zone.
–
Set date: Enter the current date.
–
Set time: Enter the current time.
•
Use 24-hour format: Set the format for displaying time.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mrsn10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately, the solution only worked for a few hours. Eventually, the phone automatically went back to GMT time. I kept on restarting it and manually changing the time zone, which would refresh the time initially. But then, a couple of hours later the phone would change the time again. So I did a hard reboot by holding down the power button and the volume-down button at the same time. It seemed to work for longer, but then a few minutes ago I see the time change back to 7 hours ahead.

At this point, do I have to do a reset back to factory settings?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try doing an Auto Restart on the device. Follow the direction in the link.

0 Likes
mrsn10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Ok, the Auto Restart is set to begin tonight.

Sadly a new problem has arisen. My text messages won't show up on the conversation history. I type something and press send, but the send button remains dark as if I'm still pressing it, but I'm not, and then my message just disappears. It doesn't show above in the conversation history.  Not to mention, the person who I'm texting still gets my messages, I just can't see them in the history on my own phone. A few minutes later, I get a notification that I got a message from the person I was texting but it was a message from a few hours ago. 

So I manually restarted my phone again. Then, it notifies me that I have a new text message but when I click on it, the message is the same one from a few hours ago. None of the messages I sent are showing on the history. 

ugh. Should I submit this as a new topic?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@mrsn10, for further assistance, please send us a private message to the link

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'd almost be willing to bet that its related to the clock deal..  It has to coodinate with the servers and the towers and it's getting confused.  Has it corrected itself since you fixed the Time Zone?

If you're still having bugs with the clock, since you said LA, you don't happen to live close to a time zone do you?  Have you selected Automatic Date and time?  If so does it continue to mess up?  If so have  you tried Going manual and selecting the correct Time zone and the correct time?  

You got my curiousity going with this one.. LOL  I had a bunch of guys at work whos clock was continually off by several hours.   I told them to set it.  They said it does no good because it was one that sets itself every night and it would Jump to the incorrect time.  They acted like they'd never heard of something as strange as "Time Zones".

0 Likes