cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Contacts via Phone app not the same as Contacts App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I am using the default phone app.  Apologies for the delayed response, I was having login problems.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0josFZgqSq wrote:

Yes, I am using the default phone app.  Apologies for the delayed response, I was having login problems.

You aren't the only one.  Took me 45 minutes to finally get logged in.  

Try this.  Open your contacts app.  You will see the 3 horizontal bars on the left side of your screen.  Click them.  You will see a list of groups.  At the top will be a Name of your list.  Mine says Google.  Click it.  You will see a list, All contacts, Samsung account, Phone, Sim Card, Google, Microsoft Exchange...  Your list might include none of these or just some of these.  I had this happen once, where it was saving some contacts on Google, and some on Samsung, Some directly on the phone.  Make sure that the list says "ALL CONTACTS" at the top.  That will include everyone on every list.  

See if that helps any.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0josFZgqSq Is your phone app and contacts still showing up the same way when you place your phone in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would appear that in safe mode the phone contacts screen and the contacts app screens contain the same contacts.

I am thinking what I want to do is remove the google contacts "icon" altogether if that makes sense but don't see where I can.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

jjju

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With your most recent comment, it shows that an application(s) was(were) installed that caused the havoc.

You have to think and remember it so that you will get rid of it....

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Between the advice for viewing all contacts and changing the theme multiple times this has been resolved.