JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 08-11-2019 07:27 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

View solution in context

86 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MILSnIO wrote:

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

userY3MyUMlos2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you! This has been driving me bonkers. Looks like that might have fixed it.

userE8cm0Zl2P8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked! Thank you! The popups were driving me nuts.  Could only ignore them for so long. 

userlgz2zP5JHZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you so much for this solution. It has been making me crazy! (crazier) It didn't interfere with the functioning of the phone but was irritating me no end. I called AT&T and spent 30 minutes on phone/chat while the tech went into the phone and then I think went for coffee and came back...While he was on coffee, I googled this and found others had the issue. So while the guy told me that he would trigger a new update, and that would fix the issue, I told him no, I have figured it out online. He was a little huffy, said let's try it my way first. So we did and... two hours later it started again. Well, you had the solution!

Lesson: always google electronic issues first.

Thanks again!

Rubyredz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you, my new phone was doing that, and I wasn't sure if it was something serious. 

BRSamMem
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This is not a permanent fix. Mine starts again after a few hours. 

Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I wish you luck then.  I ran that fix on mine 3 months ago and haven't had a pop up since then.  Good Luck.  

0 Likes
userqsGmdiNLt3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi! I had this same issue and just now fixed it by uninstalling SmartSwitch. SmartSwitch was still trying to transfer files even though everything came over. I had already tried resetting the network connection, etc. But none of that worked. Uninstalling SmartSwitch fixed it immediately!!! 

Hope this works for you! 

NEVA DAWN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It does not allow me to uninstall only disable and I tried everything else

0 Likes