JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 10-08-2019 10:51 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

86 Replies
userbJ48Tk5TJA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine did also...have you found another resolution?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userbJ48Tk5TJA What troubleshooting steps have you tried in reagards to your issue?

0 Likes
userwRsQb6EJdd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for a little while but it's back and resetting the connection settings isn't working anymore. I feel like it has something to do with my Verizon FIOS, but I really have no idea. 

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

0 Likes
userFR2mJtgoQO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have AT&T and mine wont stop doing it either. I've done all the above.

usersppCgKdlcx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am having the same problems as well, is there a fix?

0 Likes
alm4hope
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you! I think it worked!

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

Audrey
0 Likes
userv6HFWmLgns
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine is still doing it and I have tried this solution 6 times

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userv6HFWmLgns Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery9QibuEWXw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried what you said but I didn't work...😥 Thank you for the suggestion though. Can you help?

userP8LWxLTsUq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been having this problem for the last 3 days. I have done everything suggested:

Soft reset

Cleared cache partition

Reset network settings

Etc, etc

Resetting the network settings seems to work but only temporarily. After approximately 2 hours after resetting the network the message is back. My phone is also using my data even when showing active wifi. When I reset the network, the data stops being used but then starts back up again at the same time the message reappears. If anyone has more suggestions please help! I also uninstalled recent app downloads too.

0 Likes