JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 10-21-2019 06:53 PM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

86 Replies
users67luzfgmE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried all of the proposed solutions, but nothing worked. I am getting two messages, "couldn't open connection to server" and "can't connect to server". So annoying, please help! 😞 Using Samsung Galaxy s9+

0 Likes
senpiebeatz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Here try this and reboot then go to play store and update apps. Make sure you are on the gmail account that's in beta if you registered.

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting with no success, then repairs are the next step in order to have the techs take a look. You are welcome to send us a message here with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userslimshady
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For me it was the visual voicemail that was creating the messag . Download the app toast source from play store and follow instructions in the about section of the app and it will tell you which app is creating the error messag . From there you can  take necessary steps to fixing the malfunctioning app

0 Likes
BBnoDinero
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I also downloaded the Source Toast app from the Play store.   Visual voice mail was the problem.  after the Source Toast app showed me how many of the "couldnt connect to server" error toasts were logged I opened  Visual Voicemail and got about 5 or 6 toasts with the error.  I tried clearing the Visual Voicemail app data and cache but this does not help.  Disabling the app is the only thing that stops the error from shoing up. 

0 Likes
Chad1276
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This issue needs a resolution like yesturday im seriously thinking of switching phones . AT&T said the software updates are samsungs not theres after spending over an hour trying to help me figure it out they directed me to samsung witch basically said to take it to " U break we fix" and do what ? Figure out what ya did wrong and release a new update and fix the issue is what needs to happen

0 Likes
Chad1276
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just spoke with AT&T and finally they are admitting an issue and supposedly its being worked on

0 Likes
userdpc5ObHdIh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I own a Galaxy 8S Plus. Same pop-up message. Reset all connections. Did NOT resolve the issue! Only have had these pop-ups for about 6 weeks or so. They are annoying as heck!

0 Likes
Deserteagleslim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I went in connections and reset my network settings. Granted I had to re enter all my wifi passwords and reconnect all my Bluetooth devices but it stopped.

0 Likes
user3pOsEWL9S8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My samsung cloud gallery was full...I deleted it and this fixed it for me.

Messages was where I saw the toast.

0 Likes