JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 10-22-2019 11:53 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

86 Replies
userkT31TmEIEC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had this same issue, followed these steps and it worked for a week. The issue came back, so I read more and was told to clear the cache partition, did that and I am still getting the message. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
usersuKpBGiAkD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Mine didnt work after that and even did a factory reset I called Samsung told me to go to best but to have them see yet why I did all and reset connections and did factory reset on my Samsung 

0 Likes
userwrtCN6k8pM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

didnt work...douched all my connections though....I am still gettting the messsage "couldnt open connection to server" when texting - my text messages go through but with this message flashing a few times during the session. Any other suggestions guys? help is greatly appreciated. thank you

0 Likes
NEVA DAWN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It didnt not work for me morning has is there any other solutions?

0 Likes
userip1fmbviFY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you Brad!!

0 Likes
user3wdZtaV3Yt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I did what you said and now it says can't connect to server instead of couldn't connect to server but it's still doing it. Do you have any idea why it's doing this or how to fix it?

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user3wdZtaV3Yt Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone. Here are the steps. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
user1Utcj1yf4o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Not true. I tried Reset Network Settings and it did not fix. Samsung S9

SpecialK52
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That did not solve it for me! Are there any other suggestions?

0 Likes
usersAbeaaX7Jb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for all of 5 minutes then it went right back to spamming "Cannot connect to server" when texting anyone. 

0 Likes