JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't open connection to server

(Topic created: 08-11-2019 07:27 AM)
MILSnIO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
mjps
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Big-Bad-Brad: THANKS A MILLION! That irritating message was popping up on my s7 for weeks, as often as 12 times while reading/writing a single message. Being ill 4 of those weeks multiplied the irritation exponentially. I researched the problem and unsuccessfully tried every solution mentioned. My SIM card was replaced at the AT&T store without improvement. I did not qualify for an upgrade. I was told it was an internal phone problem necessitating contacting Samsung. I decided to research the problem one more time and bingo, your solution popped up. Your simple solution saved my sanity and about a $1000. THANK YOU again!

ELow777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!! That notification was driving me Crazy! Every 15 seconds it'd pop up! I tried to uninstall Smart Switch first and the notification still popped up. So then I tried to Reset Network Connections and I haven't seen the popup since.  THANK YOU!!Smiley Very Happy

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

userbqYbcaNykX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I was able to get rid of the popups by uninstalling Smart Switch app. Worked!

0 Likes
userRinMHGM269
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Will this delete all active/saved messages?

0 Likes
Poetryladyals
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This solution hasn't worked for me. 

0 Likes
userKgETaCmSPK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Finally something that really works. Thanks again. 

0 Likes
userEy0W3QBzgk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had same problem. My TV kept saying that it cannot access Samsung serves, weird thing was that the internet explorer could connect, but all the other important app, the ones I actually do use, couldn’t not. It even led me to thing Samsung was just blocking third party apps which would make their TV a useless box anyway. After talking to unhelpful support online and calling my local support team which requested that I take my TV to their offices which was a little annoying, given that I didn’t have that time and all. I figured a solution.

1. I reset the TV, connected to my phone hot spot (Second router)
  2. Create/log into a new Samsung account.
  3. Reconnect to home network and reinstall your apps afresh.

It worked fine even after I reconnected to my old internet. Please note, this solution has two problems, you will need access to a different wifi, at least to download the agreements and log into a new Samsung account. Secondly, if you use the old Samsung account the problem comes back (meaning you will not download the backed up things). Led me to think that the problem is with the Samsung account not the TV box per see, but I have no idea what the problem is. All the same, if you don’t have time to keep calling them to come fix your box, this is a quick fix.

0 Likes
userBdTVoKi5BF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you so much, it seems to have worked.  It was driving me crazy since the last update.

0 Likes
userEarebGQalq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I tried all of the above. The reset network connections not only didn't work but my ear piece bluetooth will not pair with my phone any longer. Very annoying. Is there another solution to this issue? 

0 Likes
user5Doo8CWerx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Worked like a charm! Thank you 

0 Likes