cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Couldn't open connection to server

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Bsavage1976 Good morning Rebecca. Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device? Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

Bsavage1976
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam 

I just wiped my cache partition, but that didn't help.  Then I tried "Safe Mode" and immediately got the same "Couldn't Open Connection To Server" notification!  I also have a Samsung Note 8 (I have seen a few earlier posts from people with the same phone).  Here are 2 screenshots that I just took... one of them was while I was in Safe Mode!  This is SO annoying!!

Sincerely, Rebecca 20191023_215245.jpg20191023_215301.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Bsavage1976 Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Bsavage1976
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam 

Screenshot_20191024-152050_Toast Source.jpg

Yes, sorry I should have told you that!  I actually did that first... about 3 days ago!  It worked for about 2 hours, but then they came right back!  Yesterday I installed the "Toast Source" app, and today it is showing a bunch of these notifications coming from my Visual Voicemail as well!

Sincerely, Rebecca 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the visual voicemail app?

userFp44AsflnF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't work for me 😥

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@Samsung_MILSnIO wrote:

Since update I have continually gotten this pop up message with no explanation as to why.

I had same identical problem. Popping up every 15 seconds after sending a text message. I tried safe mode, deleted cache partition, force stopped app, did everything in the world to stop it. Nothing worked until someone on another forum suggested this. 

Settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This WILL solve your problem, but you'll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords and re sync all your Bluetooth connections. But it will fix it! 

userr0WsW1QYcD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not work for my phone.   Just deleted all of my stored wifi passwords and bluetooth devices 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userr0WsW1QYcD Have you tried any of the other troubleshooting methods mentioned previously in this thread?

userOVv43aJhkc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This didn't fix the problem on the Samsung Galaxy S9 phone.

mjps
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Big-Bad-Brad: THANKS A MILLION! That irritating message was popping up on my s7 for weeks, as often as 12 times while reading/writing a single message. Being ill 4 of those weeks multiplied the irritation exponentially. I researched the problem and unsuccessfully tried every solution mentioned. My SIM card was replaced at the AT&T store without improvement. I did not qualify for an upgrade. I was told it was an internal phone problem necessitating contacting Samsung. I decided to research the problem one more time and bingo, your solution popped up. Your simple solution saved my sanity and about a $1000. THANK YOU again!