cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIKUQZ1ie9F
Constellation

Customer service, replacement phone.

Hey guys so this is my first ever post, and I'm trying to find some help. I bought the note 9 when it launched last year. I love the phone but a month after I started noticing excessive battery draining. So I sent the phone in to get fixed. (7-10 days with out phone). I received the phone back with scratches on the back and a small crack in the front screen, so I sent the phone back in(10-14 days). I got the phone back and it had Bluetooth issues. They ask me to send the phone back in ( Samsung said it had WiFi and and some other issue at that time). At this point I was offer a replacement or a refund. I choose the refund. After talking to several customer service representative, I finally got to a case manager and he told me I was getting a new phone, and when that phone arrive I should call back and give them the case number he created that day to receive a shipping label to send the phone back in, and then they would issue the refund(15-20 days).

When I received the new phone I call CS and they transferred me to a new case manager. This case manager tells me I'm not eligible for a refund because I already received a phone, and would only get a refund if they didn't have any refurbished phone to replace it with. After talking to several CS representative who told me I was accepted for a refund, she denied me one. So at this point I decided I'd start using the phone again,(the note 9 sat in the box it came, so that I could slap the new shipping label and send it back). So i open the box and the phone is loosely wrap in a bag inside a bigger box, with a crack in the screen. I sent the phone back in...

(15-20 days). So this last time around when the phone was making its way back to me... It got damage by UPS. I never received this package, ups told me to reach out to Samsung.

Samsung won't replace the phone until ups pays for it ( 2 months go by). UPS paid( I called ups to confirm). Now another month has gone by and I still have nothing, no note 9 or refund. 

I have called Samsung a total of 30-40 times. Every time the CS representatives are very nice, except for maybe 1 or 2, they always listen to the problem and no one has fixed the issue. 

Now I have my note 10 and it's great, but i was going to use the note 9 for trade in, but I don't have it... And I'm still paying on the note 9. I had to purchase a separate phone when the issues first started.

So here I am 3-4 months deep and no answer from Samsung what's so ever. They always say a case manager will call me. I have waited 1 week so far after the last time I talked to a CS rep. 

And havent heard from anyone.

So now I'm really considering getting a lawyer involved since there's no answer and I'm deep 1000 dollars for a note 9 that I'm still paying on and haven't had the phone for close to 5 months. I need help because Samsung customer service system is broken and I'm not getting anywhere by calling anymore.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung_N7w9PER
Astronaut

You will have to pay the lawyer money to investigate yr c...

You will have to pay the lawyer money to investigate yr case! Makes no sense. Sorry but your stuck with the bill

userIKUQZ1ie9F
Constellation

Re: You will have to pay the lawyer money to investigate yr c...

But see I have been paying it with no problem. The bigger problem here is that I also do not have the phone. That's my bigger issue. 

Re: Customer service, replacement phone.

I went through a similar horror story with Samsung and s phone I sent in for repairs TWICE. I was supposed to receive a new replacement phone or a refund. After hours on the phone with customer disservice I received neither. After a month and a half without my phone I received an S-pen and an SD card tray. I then received a phone that had a different IMEI number from the one I sent in whose screen makes an intermittent cracking noise when pressed. I have no idea if it's the same phone I sent in, a new one or a refurbished unit. I bought an LG V40 in the interim which is a great device that I bought new on Offer Up for a deep discount.

PRAJWK05
Asteroid

Re: Customer service, replacement phone.

I would suggest stop paying your bill. If you dont have your note 9 why should you pay. They know that you didnt get your phone back. They have all your records. If they send you email saying to pay bill then call samsung again.so stop paying bills..