cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Dark Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cant seem to find Dark Mode or Night Mode on my note 9. I'm running android 8.1.0 and it doesn't show up in the settings. If it is completely removed, is there a good theme out there which effectively changes most backgrounds to a black color instead of the white?

Thank you all

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Dark Mode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dark mode isnt avabile on the Oreo 8.1 its only on Pie 9.0 update you should be getting the update to 9.0 soon you might already have it ready to be downloaded go into settings scroll down to were it says system updates and click check for system updates 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use a theme called high_contrast_theme_II it blacks out about everything since I haven't been able to find dark mode as well

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't recall Night Mode being in android 8.1 but it is in 9.0. Settings-Display....Night Mode.

It's also in the quick tiles list.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dark mode isnt avabile on the Oreo 8.1 its only on Pie 9.0 update you should be getting the update to 9.0 soon you might already have it ready to be downloaded go into settings scroll down to were it says system updates and click check for system updates 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Um dark mode is only available for Android Pie / 9.0