cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurt2112
Asteroid

Dex via USB C, no HDMI?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will this be possible?  I've got an LG display that only has USB C inputs.  Right now I use it to power my Mac and drive it's video.  Would be amazing if dex supported just plugging the phone into the display via the usb C cable.  Otherwise I would need two HDMI adapters, or get a different display?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dex via USB C, no HDMI?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I'll be happy to pass that along to the appropriate department. 

13 REPLIES 13

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I'll be happy to pass that along to the appropriate department. 

Savagedonbihhh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not possible not but would be really nice. Glad i already have the hdmi (mhl) cable for my note 8

Kurt2112
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is possible.  I just got my Note 9, plugged into my LG Ultrafine 4k display via the sole USB C cable coming from the display, and it worked perfectly.  DeX mode and charging.  Pretty cool!  Not sure if I will actually use it though, a bit more clumsy that a real laptop.

mirko_j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this in mind:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-90LM0381-B01170-ZenScreen-15-6-Inch-Portable/dp/B071R31L1G?th=1

so I have note9 when I'm on the go plus bluetooth mouse and keybpoard and portable monitor for more stationary session instead of laptop.

mirko_j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now I'm only not sure if that can work as portable monitor is getting power over usb-c as well, can note 9 provide that...

fanisp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would love to know as well. I'm planning to get the asus portable monitor. 

user22uMwxJyJ4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't use LG ultrafine 4K with Samsung Galaxy note 9 as dex mode because its resolution is too low to read texts.

How can you make it possible?

David V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In regard to the Asus portable monitor, with the Note 8 it only mirrors the screen so if you have an app like Sentio Desktop it then makes it look DeX/Desktop like. With the Note 9, DeX appears fine on the Asus monitor.

Currently using Note 9 and Asus MB16AP  (the one with internal battery).

userAu5N8Az05X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the note 8 and the zenscreen mb16a. It's not working for me, although I've seen someone getting it to work with the S8. I'd love to figure out how to make the work, even with just screen mirroring.