cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Camera Noise **NOW SOLVED**

JUMP TO SOLUTION

$1,300 for my Note9 and Samsung still believes it's their right to prevent me from disabling the artificial camera shutter sound when taking pictures with it. The battle over this issue with them has been going on for years. It's completely ridiculous and totally unacceptable.  Who else of you here is concerned by this small but enormously frustrating situation?

Please note: This issue is **NOT** 'Solved!', contrary to what a forum moderator here wants to insist.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note9 Can't Disable Camera Shutter Sound!! >:(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, I know there are some hard feelings on this topic. However, I wanted to share an article that was brought to my attention with you all: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002007/  I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

76 REPLIES 76
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what carrier? if it is sprint, s9 doesn't have the shutter sound on/off option either.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NO carrier, in fact. This is an unlocked device straight from Samsung........

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have AT&T and the Shutter Sound On/Off switch is in the camera settings, it's a third option from the bottom. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's definitely missing from my device, and a Samsung chat rep already confirmed for me that's intentional, and they can't do anything about it.  They opened a ticket on my request though. Which I know will go nowhere, unless I can maybe make enough angst for them to suffer from, somehow. I hate feeling like that's my only option.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a screen shot of my settings menu:

Screen Shot
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ui5X1dFtrrmHRqTh7

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's so wrong of them... I definitely have the "Shutter sound" option in between "Press Volume key to" and "Reset Settings". I could understand if Sprint requested, not understand why, but I get it that carriers ask for some features to be added or removed, but why the unlocked phone? WHY?

CtrlZThis
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I'm on the unlocked version and have no shutter sound off option.  Have to mute the entire phone to stop the shutter sound.

Quite irritating.  I'll check my wife's device tonight.  Hers is Verizon branded  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found another apparently (and inexplicably) missing (removed) feature in my carrier unlocked Note9 that I bought directly from Samsung.  In the Contacts app, you can no longer choose a custom sound alert for incoming SMS/MMS messages for individual contacts.  You can still choose a custom ringer sound, but not a custom message alert sound.

This is ridiculous.  Samsung seems to be very afflicted with getting so focused on a handful of specific items when coming up with new iterations of these devices that they completely lose sight of others and allow them to be indiscriminantly altered or dropped, purposefully or inadvertantly.  It's not understandable or acceptable, for the premium experience they work so hard to cultivate, and then set a price for.

CtrlZThis
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@johnpjackson wrote:

I found another apparently (and inexplicably) missing (removed) feature in my carrier unlocked Note9 that I bought directly from Samsung.  In the Contacts app, you can no longer choose a custom sound alert for incoming SMS/MMS messages for individual contacts.  You can still choose a custom ringer sound, but not a custom message alert sound.

This is ridiculous.  Samsung seems to be very afflicted with getting so focused on a handful of specific items when coming up with new iterations of these devices that they completely lose sight of others and allow them to be indiscriminantly altered or dropped, purposefully or inadvertantly.  It's not understandable or acceptable, for the premium experience they work so hard to cultivate, and then set a price for.

It was the same on my unlocked S9+  I just dont get it.   

I think however, you can accomplish that with a 3rd party all although it shouldnt take that to make things work correctly