cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disable Camera Noise NOT Solved - MODERATOR FRAUD

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Silverfireblade wrote:

I went into my camera setting and went all the way down and it says shutter sound on and off. I have the unlocked note 9.

What firmware version do you have?

userZ4tBi1joC2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually I just updated on Sprint right now and I have the shutter sound on/off switch now. Version N960UDQU1ARJ5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ4tBi1joC2 wrote:

Actually I just updated on Sprint right now and I have the shutter sound on/off switch now. Version N960UDQU1ARJ5

What actual model number do you have?  If you go to the software update information for your device, what information link is at the bottom of your page when you view the details for 'Last update information' ?

Here's the link for where my device takes me, and there's no updates more recent than September, which I have found odd, because it seems like there's been one or two since then, but they haven't appeared for my device.  I bought my Note 9 512GB directly from Samsung, the day they announced it and started taking pre-orders.

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N960U1/TFN/doc.html

userZ4tBi1joC2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its the locked Sprint 128GB version with Oct 1st security patch.

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-N960U/SPR/doc.html

Disable Camera Noise **NOW SOLVED**

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received an Android update from Samsung for my Note9 512GB, unlocked, purchased directly from Samsung. 

My baseband version is now:  N960U1UEU1ARJ5

THEY HAVE NOW INCLUDED THE CAMERA SHUTTER NOISE ON/OFF CONTROL IN THE CAMERA SETTINGS!

Thank you, Samsung, for finally acknowledging that issue.

My only request would be that in the future, you figure out how to communicate with your customers like me about what's going on and what to expect when we report an issue.  I've been left hanging for months now, not knowing if anything was going to be done for my issue or not.  The same is still taking place with other Note9 customers who are having delay problems with the operation of their camera.

For today though, for me at least, thank you for resolving my issue.

userr0YRtDGsgV
Astronaut

Re: Disable Camera Noise **NOW SOLVED**

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just purchased the Samsung Note 9 yesterday. I selected the 'shutter sound off' toggle, yet I still get the shutter sound when hand swiping a screenshot. I can't find any way to turn that annoying sound off. I have Verizon, if that makes any difference as I read some were mentioning their carriers. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
user2zSLQu40zc
Constellation

Re: Disable Camera Noise **NOW SOLVED**

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree with you. The phone owner should be able to set the preferences. It should not be dictated by samsung. All the suggestions to turn it off in the camera settings are wrong. Have they even checked what the write?