cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbYe6clX2jw
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note9 Can't Disable Camera Shutter Sound!! >:(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well said! I just got in touch with an agent from Samsung Car Pro, and he replied with the same nonsense, that the carriers modify and include features. You gotta be kidding me!? Is Shutter sound considered as a special feature? It is simple, Samsung devs just don't care to customize the FW so it can reflect the laws/restrictions in the specific region. Instead, they push the same FW to all countries, just renaming it. This is utter negligence and laziness that will not end up with a positive outcome. I have reported the indirect insult coming from the moderator who so conveniently marked this topic/question as solved. It is so obvious, that the shutter sound was disabled in the 1st place due to restriction in Japan and Korea, and remained such for the FW to come, as Samsung won't do anything to change that. I'm definitely done with this fiasco. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry if I have insulted in any way, I promise it was not meant. The information in this article was given to me by our Admins and HQ team who review the entirety of the Samsung Community. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the carriers requested to have the shutter sound off option available in their firmware but Samsung's own firmware by default is has no option to turn it off. I've also got an "unlocked by Samsung" USA note 9. Was a shock not to be able to turn it off.

Worst case scenario , I'll flash a carrier firmware on it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole wrote:

I'm sorry if I have insulted in any way, I promise it was not meant. The information in this article was given to me by our Admins and HQ team who review the entirety of the Samsung Community. 

As long as you keep this thread marked 'Solved', you, your Admins and HQ team are all running away from this issue.

The thread will not be solved until Samsung can provide a satisfactory explanation to justify this unjustifiable situation, or, they change their arbitrary and capricious decision to withhold this option and commit to restoring it in the next firmware release.

Please understand that this issue is not going to go away until it is satisfactorily resolved.  Thank you for your continued efforts in that regard.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As I have received no further correspondence from SamsungCole, even after repeated requests for escalation of this issue, I'm concluding that's a conscious decision by him/her. I'll be taking that up with Samsung as well, in addition to the issue with the withheld option to disable the artificial camera shutter noise.

user1VXG8twOqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not solved. There's no setting for turning off shutter sound. It's a serious accessibility issue for people with sound sensitivity.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

My Samsung Note 9 512GB, carrier unlocked model, just received the latest firmware update from Samsung.  Firmware build number: M1AGQ.N960U1UEU1ARH4

Samsung has NOT fixed (restored) the missing option on the camera software to enable the user to TURN OFF the artificial camera shutter noise made when taking pictures.

Am I surprised by this latest non-development?  No.

Am I going to stop pursuing this issue?  No.

Between the moderator here who took it upon himself to refuse to withdraw his/her personal 'Soved' flag they placed on this thread, and Samsung remaining silent on the issue, as the dude said, "This aggression will not stand man!"

It was funnier coming from Jeff Bridges.  It's not funny coming from Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend speaking with your carrier regarding this issue. Carriers can allow certain features and they may take some away. This feature is carrier specific.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry wrote:

I apologize for the inconvenience. I recommend speaking with your carrier regarding this issue. Carriers can allow certain features and they may take some away. This feature is carrier specific.

Hi Larry,

I appreciate your effort, but you did not take the time to look at much of the discussion.  This is NOT a carrier device.  It's an unlocked model, direct from Samsung.  This is ALL on Samsung.  Can you either help me get to who I need to in the company, or, at the very least. remove the 'Solved' flag from this thread?  It's quite an insulting passive-aggressive statement by SamsungCole in his refusal to back down from his opinion that the issue is solved.  Thank you for your assistance.

uservQvjYtb0FL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I found a way to solve it for Note 9 unlocked version, go to google play store and type in (No Shutter Sound) a app that looks like the green android and called > No Shutter Sound rating 3.6, download it and open it and you should see so many apps and program and turn it on for the camera app, next go into settings of the phone scroll down to Accessibility open it, and scroll down to where you see No Shutter Sound and turn it on!, exit all and try it on your camera works like a charm..hope it helps