cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note9 Can't Disable Camera Shutter Sound!! >:(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should not have to download some 3-party app for a feature that should be already included with the phone out of the box!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SomeTechGuy wrote:

I should not have to download some 3-party app for a feature that should be already included with the phone out of the box!

EXACTLY!!!  I agree.  And not just any phone.  This is Samsung's elite, top of the line, most expensive, most advanced device released, to date.  Having to try and incite a public relations battle against them to fix this problem reflects terribly on them.

Yesterday I realized they've also removed another feature from this phone that should never have been removed.  The camera app no longer includes the feature for taking sherical 360 degree photos, like Google's Photoshpere.  People are saying it's because Samsung wants to force people to buy the separate Gear 360 camera.  That's another terrible move by them too, if true.  A typical user who'd take sherical 360 degree pictures, on the spur of the moment somewhere, isn't going to also have a Gear 360 in their pocket all the time, just in case.  Stupid.

SpazZ
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This option is now within the individual conversation. If you tap the 3 dots in the upper right, there is an option there to customize the sound.

SpazZ
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, my T-mobile branded Note 9 allows me to disable shutter sound. This is strictly a carrier issue. However  I do find it odd that the unlocked version also suffers from this, quite perplexing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@johnpjackson wrote:

I found another apparently (and inexplicably) missing (removed) feature in my carrier unlocked Note9 that I bought directly from Samsung.  In the Contacts app, you can no longer choose a custom sound alert for incoming SMS/MMS messages for individual contacts.  You can still choose a custom ringer sound, but not a custom message alert sound.

This is ridiculous.  Samsung seems to be very afflicted with getting so focused on a handful of specific items when coming up with new iterations of these devices that they completely lose sight of others and allow them to be indiscriminantly altered or dropped, purposefully or inadvertantly.  It's not understandable or acceptable, for the premium experience they work so hard to cultivate, and then set a price for.

As far as I know, that feature was taken away with the change from Nougant to Oreo.  I had it when I was running my Note 5 with Nougant, and then I found that missing when I first got my Note 9 in November that was running Oreo.  And I've been raising cain about it every since.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

what carrier? if it is sprint, s9 doesn't have the shutter sound on/off option either.

I've got the ability to turn if off with AT&T

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

shutter sound option is depending on the carrier of the phone. it was like that on gs9 as well. for example, sprint gs9 doesn't have shutter sound on/off option. i dont know why this is big now.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds more like it's Samsung's issue first, then some carrier have to ask them to include a feature in their versions. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i'm saying it is NOT carrier issue. the shutter sound wasn't there for those carriers from the previous models. nobody said anything until note 9. that's what i'm saying.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, it's usually the case sure, but what many people here are saying is how can this be a carrier issue is the unlocked, carrier free, direct from Samsung model doesn't have the option? 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1