cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note9 Can't Disable Camera Shutter Sound!! >:(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

i'm saying it is carrier issue. the shutter sound wasn't there for those carriers from the previous models. nobody said anything until note 9. that's what i'm saying.

I'm not sure what your point is. This is an unlocked device, direct from Samsung. All discussion about carriers is irrelevant.

Samsung is withholding the feature control in their build of the firmware. Put it back.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i meant to say NOT carrier issue. the bottom line is that those that are not having the shutter sound option didn't have from the previous models like gs9 unlock. however it is big on note 9. that's what i'm not understanding.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

i meant to say NOT carrier issue. the bottom line is that those that are not having the shutter sound option didn't have from the previous models like gs9 unlock. however it is big on note 9. that's what i'm not understanding.

I didn't own a Galaxy S9.  I'd have the same intolerant position about the removed camera shutter sound control on it too, if I did.

userbYe6clX2jw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another update as for today and still, nothing. We're simply ignored by Samsung  

userbYe6clX2jw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Another update as for today and still, nothing. We're simply ignored by Samsung
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been quite an interesting thread and I have to agree that I don't understand why it says solved.  Weird. 

Anyway, 

I have an unlocked S9+ on Verizon and do not have the shutter sound off option on that in the camera settings.  You have to mute system sound to shut it off.  Routines in Good Lock 2018 is a great idea. Can't remember who posted that but thanks. 

I also have 3 Note9s. 1 is unlocked purchased direct from Samsung on their Samsung Shop app.  That device does not have the Shutter Off tab, and again have to mute system sounds to stop the shutter sound.  Yes, even after the latest update.  

My other 2 Note9s are Verizon branded (with their horrible Verizon splash screen) and both have a Shutter Sound on off tab in camera settings.  

There is absolutely no doubt that this is Not a carrier issue in the States.  It would appear that All major Carriers provide the option to shut off the camera shutter sound with their own software in the Samsung camera while Samsungs own software denies their customers the option for a silent camera.  

Samsung makes amazing devices but needs a crash course on customer service.  I'm not sure what it is.  More focus groups, actually pay attention to the members of your own apps forum!  An entirely new customer relations department....something needs to happen to both make your customers happy and your stocks to rise because of it.  Happy customers are repeat customers.  

userqAunrRqTC2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My note 8 was an unlocked version on Verizon.  I was able to disable the shutter sound on that.

Pretty annoying that I can't take photos in a quiet restaraunt while snooping around under the tables anymore.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Verizon model and the shutter sound can be turned off I hate the noise so I keep it off

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This question is NOT solved.

I don't have a carrier branded Note9.  I have an unlocked Note9 purchased directly from Samsung.  There's no doubt that in the firmware from Samsung that my Note9 is running, which is the latest update from Samsung, Samsung has removed the otherwise normally present option in Android to disable camera shutter noise.  Please remove the flag indicating this issue is resolved.  Thank you.

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

shutter sound option is depending on the carrier of the phone. it was like that on gs9 as well. for example, sprint gs9 doesn't have shutter sound on/off option. i dont know why this is big now.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@johnpjackson there is always a work around for this. I have the Good Lock 2018 app and have set a routine to automatically turn off all sound when the camera app is opened. It automatically returns the sound to the last setting when I exit the camera app. It works great.

I have an unlocked device too on Sprint. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is unlock or not, carriers still seems to matter. Pretty weird.