cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Note9 Can't Disable Camera Shutter Sound!! >:(

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@johnpjackson there is always a work around for this. I have the Good Lock 2018 app and have set a routine to automatically turn off all sound when the camera app is opened. It automatically returns the sound to the last setting when I exit the camera app. It works great.

I have an unlocked device too on Sprint. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is unlock or not, carriers still seems to matter. Pretty weird. 

I actually figured out this workaround earlier in the week.  However, that doesn't mean I don't want Samsung to correct the problem.  One of the major reasons why I wanted the Note9, with 512GB of storage and 8GB of RAM, is because no matter how much hardware performance increases, application performance and responsiveness always declines, as time goes on and the number of files you're dealing with, and cached data, etc., rises.  Having a workaround that requires the system to run through the external routines of the Goodlock app just adds extra overhead going into and out of the camera app.  It sounds minor, and it probably is.  But when the alternative is using a feature built into the camera application itself that eliminates the need for that entirely, I want it.  And in a device that Samsung stands upon as being superpowerful, affirming it's intent to support the wishes of so called 'power' users, I believe I'm tracking straight down the center of the road with this.  Disabling and hiding ANY features in the native version of this device straight from Samsung is just plainly the wrong thing for Samsung to do.  If people want someone to play nanny for them they can go buy their device from a carrier who's named themselves to that position.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@johnpjackson I honestly don't believe this is on Samsung, as other users have stated that some of them do have the option based on their carrier, regardless of locked or unlocked status. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@johnpjackson I honestly don't believe this is on Samsung, as other users have stated that some of them do have the option based on their carrier, regardless of locked or unlocked status. 

What is your point? Samsung is the source of this device and the Google Android firmware it operates on. That some carriers choose to toggle the feature's availability on in the source code for their builds of the firmware just shows that Samsung is choosing, for whatever reason, to withhold the option from its customers who buy the device directly from them.  The implication that a Samsung customer has to go and buy the device from a carrier, instead of Samsung, in order to receive a totally generic and universal option like this is inappropriate.  Please go ahead and remove the 'Resolved' status from this thread.  The matter won't be resolved until Samsung either provides a satisfactory reason for witholding the option, or they do the right thing and put it back in a new firmware build.

Magnus100
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is simply outrageous! Samsung needs to restore this feature  I got the unlocked version ensure useful features would be left unremoved and the fewest number of bloatware would be included. 

useruirU1Y3alO
Constellation

My Samsung direct purchase unlocked note 9 can't disable camera shutter sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung direct purchase unlocked note 9 can't disable camera shutter sound

Please note this is not my carrier, my phone have no sim yet, but camera shutter sound can't be disabled, it was bought from Samsung unlocked, not from a carrier!!!

userZ4tBi1joC2
Constellation

Re: My Samsung direct purchase unlocked note 9 can't disable camera shutter sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Sprint version and dont have the option to turn off camera sound but it takes all of 0.5 seconds to turn the phone into silent or vibrate mode muting the camera sound. Its a completely acceptable workaround. A lot of you sound like 8yr old children whos momma took their toy away.

Re: My Samsung direct purchase unlocked note 9 can't disable camera shutter sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ4tBi1joC2 wrote:

I have the Sprint version and dont have the option to turn off camera sound but it takes all of 0.5 seconds to turn the phone into silent or vibrate mode muting the camera sound. Its a completely acceptable workaround. A lot of you sound like 8yr old children whos momma took their toy away.

Samsung should rush you a job offer.  With your customer focused attitude, you'd be a great asset to them! Man LOL

usercobhsfWA6o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine only cost $1,000.  One would think that extra 3 Benjamin's would afford a silent click!

;-)

usercobhsfWA6o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine only cost $1,000.  One would think that extra 3 Benjamin's would afford a silent click!

uservQvjYtb0FL
Constellation

Re: Note9: Can't Disable Camera Sound - *NOT* 'Solved'

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a way to solve it for Note 9 unlocked version, go to google play store and type in (No Shutter Sound) a app that looks like the green android and called > No Shutter Sound rating 3.6, download it and open it and you should see so many apps and program and turn it on for the camera app, next go into settings of the phone scroll down to Accessibility open it, and scroll down to where you see No Shutter Sound and turn it on!, exit all and try it on your camera works like a charm..hope it helps