cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dual Camera Mode Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This feature has been removed with a software update. I apologize for the inconvenience. Galaxy Note 9 has the S9 Plus' cameras but adds scene optimizations. The Note 9 has the same cameras as the S9 Plus, which includes a nifty dual-aperture that can open or close to change the amount of light the camera gets.

user3Dbb2Z8gv0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When will this feature be added back? It was a cool feature. Samsung software update should have warned users about losing it should one opted to upgrade to Pie.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3Dbb2Z8gv0 We can't speculate on what features will be released in the future. You will have to wait until the next update is released and see if it is added back.

nextofKin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hope it will be, but in the meantime I'll keep my note 3 as well.

usergkeqtz2Fvj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try the app Smart Front Back Dual Camera by Mobile Apps Studio. It's the closest I've found SMS works on the

@nextofKin wrote:

Hope it will be, but in the meantime I'll keep my note 3 as well.

pie update

Samsung_1iIzwYF
Cosmic Ray

My camera on note 9 is broken buzz and blurs so zoom is u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera on note 9 is broken buzz and blurs so zoom is usless i sent emails nothing happens

RaiderSmiley
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had used Samsung devices for years before my job gave me an iPhone 2 years ago and they finally allowed me to upgrade to a S10. Last Galaxy I had was the Note5 and that phone had this feature too. I loved using that mode with the kids. Was happy to have a Galaxy again for this reason alone. Well, just found out Samsung abandoned that mode and I am seriously disappointed. I wish they would bring it back. 

@Maris wrote:

On my previous Note phone, I had a camera mode called Dual Camera that would use the front and back cameras at the same time, like a picture in a picture. I cannot find this mode on the Note 9 (T-Mobile). It doesn't show up in the Samsung Galaxy Store either when opened from the camera view. Has it been removed or am I not looking in the right settings area?

@Maris wrote:

On my previous Note phone, I had a camera mode called Dual Camera that would use the front and back cameras at the same time, like a picture in a picture. I cannot find this mode on the Note 9 (T-Mobile). It doesn't show up in the Samsung Galaxy Store either when opened from the camera view. Has it been removed or am I not looking in the right settings area?

userUtK1XjCNJq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just finished a chat with Samsung regarding this very issue but specifically for the Note 10 Plus. I was told my concern would be going to the update team and I was given a support ticket so that I would stay notified about the progress but it seemd fairly certain that they would bring this feature back soon in a phone firmware update. I would suggest to anyone that wants this on their particular phone that they contact support and let them know. I will update this thread as I hear of progress.