cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCsvdZTKpl3
Constellation

Exchange ActiveSync - emails not always syncing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Several folks in our company have been experiencing mulitple sync delays on their mobile devices and it is not just on the Note 9, it is also the Note 8, S9, 

some running Android 8.0, and others Android 9.0

One other thing in common is the version of the Samsung email verison 6.X 

thoughts?

I have checked sync settings, push settings... they are there.  No email gateway or connectivity issues. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Exchange ActiveSync - emails not always syncing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend reaching out to your IT team for further assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would recommend reaching out to your IT team for further assistance.

Billy-Boy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sent 4 emails to  the  development team directly. Very little response. This appears  to be an issue with the 6.X release code of Samsung Email according to my testing.  The issue with Samsung is,  you guys never even try to  resolve something... never help your customer move anything along.  Your response (SamsungAdam) is a perfect  example.  I AM THE IT TEAM for my company.  Samung wants to be a corporate solution, yet the ONLY way to channel technical issues is through posing in the community.  Redicilious! 

Below are my emails:

Is it possible that your latest code has deviated from how ActiveSync keepalives are designed to work?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/direct-push-exchange-2013-help

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:40 AM
To: b2b.sec <b2b.sec@samsung.com>
Subject: RE: Samsung Email

These are all ActiveSync connected devices and only started happening after the Samsung email upgrade.

I don’t have an option to install Samsung members (so can’t send logs) and the uninstall update option does not work so we are stuck with no solution (other than to use a different email client)

Thanks

Bill

Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:01 AM
To: b2b.sec <b2b.sec@samsung.com>
Cc: 

Hello,

We are seeing multiple reports that once users have upgraded from Samsung email client once they upgraded from 5.x to 6.x

Device

OS

OS Version

Email Client Version

Samsung Note 9

Android

Samsung S9

Android

Samsung Note 8

Android

Samsung S9+

Android

Samsung S9+

Android

Samsung S7

Android

Samsung S8

Android

Samsung  S9

Android

Samsung S9+

Android

Samsung S8

Android

The main symptom is that after a period of time once they have not received any new emails (so normally during the late evenings/early mornings) their email tops syncing even though we the push option configured on the clients.

I am personally NOT experiencing this issue on my Android S7 that is running 5.5.0.10.2 but I am having this issue on my Note 9 that is running 6.0.00.63

From what I am seeing, it appears that the 6.X version of your code seems to be going to sleep and not keeping some kind of keepalive going. I have verified that all of these devices DO NOT have battery optimization set for the mail apps and are not restricted the power in any way for the client.

Please help!

Thanks

Bill

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 9:24 PM
To: 

We apologize for the inconvenience first.

If you share some information with us, we will check & fix this issue asap.

After fixing it, Samsung email will be released to Google play store or Galaxy app in the near future.

When you have same issue again let us share detail information.

-              More detail description about issues of the Samsung Email

-              Device information

Device Model & a version of Android OS

a version of Samsung Email

-              domain & protocol information. You can check them by next steps :

. Open Email App > open Drawer > select "setting icon" > select "your account" > select “ server settings” - check “incoming/outgoing sever”

-              Screenshots : In order to find your issue, we need some screenshots that are related with your problems.

-              System log file :

Actually system log is very helpful for us.

So if possible, When you see the same issue. Could you send log by using 'contact us' menu?

Email - Setting - contact us - Error reports - check Send system log data – Send

(if you do not see the contact us menu,   please install Samsung members).

It will be helpful to analyze error.

If you delete new version, you can download the previous version in the google play store & galaxy apps.

< delete current email application > download previous email in Galaxy apps or Google play store > reinstall application > re login your account > We will try fast to update fixed version.

Sorry for your inconvenience again.

Thank you,

Samsung Email Team.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:13 AM

To: b2b.sec@samsung.com

Subject: Samsung Email

Hello....recently we have been having issues with our Samsung devi es syncing email via Active Sync.

Is there a support number I can call to discuss?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out to our business support team directly at (844) 585-6172.

userJoUzwycCc5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

What kind of nonsense answer is this?

Maybe you do not realize how many people are trying to use Samsung devices for business purposes? Is this how you are trying to support your loyal customer base?

The same problem here. S9+ / email app version 6.0.01.11.   Problems started after upgrade to version 6.x

Thanks

Roman

cmsjbarr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Bill,

Did Samsung ever advise you of a release date for an update/patch? We are having the very same issue.

Thanks

sbitter
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Using a Samsung Note 9 with default email app. Mails which I deleted on the server (or in the Outlook app of my PC), are not being synced with my phone and reverse. I will send a feedback via the samsung mail app and hope to get a helpful answer. Otherwise I might switch to the outlook app for android.

useryqEjFxLurP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you guys have an update for this problem?
we have also some strange sync problems, especially in combination with the samsung stock calendar.

after 1-2 days the sync stops working - the email sync is fine btw...

the problem started about 02/2019, after android pie and the update for samsung mail 6.XXXX.

i think, in 04/2019 the problem was solved, an now it starts again.

userms3r49IT60
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

come on guys we need help resolving   It is happening every hour for me.  Requires me to restart phone to fix problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userms3r49IT60 I would recommend reaching out to our business support team directly at (844) 585-6172