cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are grayed out

Go to settings, turn on delete old messages.  Been trying to figure this out for almost a half a year!!! turn that option on even though you or I don't want to turn it on and everything is working perfect now.  I almost guarantee it will work!  figured I answer since Samsung won't.  They must be blinded by their trillions of dollars and can't see this thread.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are grayed out

This has been killing me.  For me the problem came down to there is the "Messages" app that comes with your Samsung phone and if you go to the Google Play there is an additional "Messages" app.  If you install the one with this icon it fixes the problem.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.50.01 AM.png

Note that the little triangle for the message bubble starts at the top left, not the bottom.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had the same problem for months! I just found this on the internet somewhere else, I did it and it worked. Good luck to everybody that's having the same problem and hopefully it works for them.

• Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

Will this clear out everything on my phone. Will I loose data or passwords stored etc etc? Does anyone know? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No, the system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungAdam - Unfortunately this does not fix the problem. I have had this issue for almost all of 2020 as I can recall and have tried the wipe cache partition trick several times. If it works, it is only briefly.

My wife has an S9 with the same problem.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, it literally makes sending an MMS message with an image attached almost useless. It will randomly take more or less time to attach a photos, and there is no correlation to how many 'greyed out' photos when you try to send a message. Sometimes all thumbnails are visible, and sometimes all recently taken photos are grey.

Please let me know if I can get you any other info to help this one along, there are a few threads with this issue so clearly lots of folks are affected. The other thread was marked as solved, although all users state that it was not solved.

Thanks in advance.

I

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah I've been dealing with this for two years now.

I thought it was maybe the file size, but they're always under 5mb, my phone receives messages just fine, it's definitely something to do with the pre-loading of the thumbnail onto the attachment. Like someone futzed with a line around that area and never corrected the coding.

It's a major pain when trying to send photos to my boss, he wants confirmation photos constantly and I have to wait anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes just to send them out. Sometimes if I close the app and restart it, it might bring it back up sooner, but honestly I think that's just placebo, giving me something to do while I wait, because I'll usually have to restart the app well over ten times before anything loads in.

Highlighted
Constellation

Swing and a miss! This does not fix it. I have done a factory reset on mine and my wife's phones - still not working.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are..

Nov-08-2020 same issue note 9. very frustrating.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are..

also Note 9 issue