cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are grayed out

I've tried everything from clearing data, clearing cache, formatting cache partition, short of a full factory reset. Still slow attaching photos in SMS, taking 5 minutes! Only started happening recently after an update. Please fix Samsung. I AM A  LIFE LONG Samsung user, but when it takes 10 minutes to send a picture in an SMS, making me think about changing phones, this is completely unacceptable. 

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are grayed out

Have you figured out how to solve this? I'm having the exact same issue with my note 9. I'm thinking about doing a complete reset of the phone. I really don't want to do that if there's a simple solution.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Extremely slow in attaching photos to SMS and can't see images as they are grayed out

I have not figured out a solution and the complete reset didn't help anyone else so I'm not going to do that.  I'm hoping that Samsung has another update released that will fix the bug.  They obviously know about it.  I'm still dealing with the issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Sorry to hijack your thread as I I couldn't seem to get my own post going. Was trying to create a separate post as this is a wide issue.  If you found a solution please let us know. 🙂 hopefully will be fixed in an update 

@samsung 

Been struggling with this for a couple months. Tried all advice I have seen online this far.  I've tried everything from clearing data, clearing cache, formatting cache partition, short of a full factory reset. Still slow attaching photos in text. Sometimes the photos are entirely blank when trying to attach but appear 5 to 10 minutes later.  This is for the standard message app. So please do not tell me to go to Verizon. This problem is even before I can try to hit send. The attach button looks like it's working but then the send button just spins for 1 to 5 minutes. 

I've cleared cache, erased old texts. Moved ALL photos onto back up drive. Rebooted. Allowed mms settings. 

What else can I do please? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue on my S9+, very frustrating and have reset cache, tried other apps with no luck.

Please fix or provide solution Samsung! 

Highlighted
Constellation

I too having this issue. I've cleared my cache couple different times... and I have Note 9 as well. It just started over the last 3-4 weeks I'd say. Completely irratating... probably Samsung's version of Apple's slowing phones down to make people upgrade to newer models. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having same issues, have been for awhile.i was hoping to find a solution here, but I guess @samsung isn't reading these threads any more.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having the same problem.  I'm ready to go back to iPhone.  Please help, Samsung!  This is a big issue and you are going to lose a lot of loyal customers.

@userwCW1meHy0a wrote:

I've tried everything from clearing data, clearing cache, formatting cache partition, short of a full factory reset. Still slow attaching photos in SMS, taking 5 minutes! Only started happening recently after an update. Please fix Samsung. I AM A  LIFE LONG Samsung user, but when it takes 10 minutes to send a picture in an SMS, making me think about changing phones, this is completely unacceptable. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine starting working correctly after I wiped the cache partition. It was SUPER annoying prior to that. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

same problem - i feel this started happening this year, clearing cache does nothing. really hate this issue. any official attention on this from samsung? i'll gladly send diagnostic data or something.