cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroLeCqXGYgF
Constellation

Factory reset after 5 months

Should I be having to factory reset my phone after having the phone for only 5 months?? For the past 2 months ( initially 3 months of having my phone) I've experienced a noticeable difference in speed of the device including texting speed, switching through screens and apps, and it had started to show instances of it freezing. I've gotten the whole run around from samsung and it is so frustrating! I've done the regular restart, clearing cashe/ cashe partition, deleted apps, I stop apps from running in the background and I am constantly clearing up my device on device care. I have taken it to a Samsung store to get diagnosed as well as to UbreakIfix, and there is no "real" problem, but when I use it, it's slow! Even the person at UbreakIfix noticed the slow speed in texting. I have seen the differences in my phone from when I first got it in April to now. I just feel like I shouldn't be having these issues so early on especially for a $1000 phone! They said in order to do an exchange is has to be sent in for repairs at least twice...but it's a pretty brand new phone. Is anyone else experiencing this???

6 REPLIES 6
GrymeJr
Asteroid

Re: Factory reset after 5 months

you may have had a rogue app

Highlighted
useroLeCqXGYgF
Constellation

Mmm, can any app be a rogue app? They've checked my apps and nothing has come up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tested the phone in safe mode to see if it still responding slowly? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

usergTuMii2h8L
Constellation

Do you restart your phone regular? If not, I would restart it once or twice a week. I have noticed a considerable difference in my Galaxy s9+ since starting that. There is a setting where you can schedule it to automatically restart. For instance, I have mine set to restart on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 6pm. This clears the phone's cache and overall gives it a fresh start. See if that helps. Otherwise, you might consider going through and deleting any apps that you don't recognize or don't use. It might be a sketchy app causing problems.

Gknicks
Asteroid

I say factory reset whenever the phone feels sluggish. some apps reak havok on devices. If you're backed up it's not that big of a deal

Hamzer11
Constellation

In almost all these cases where the phone slows down, it's an app or apps that cause the issue. Resetting fixes it and you think it's because the phone isn't good and requires reset but it fixes it because the apps are gone.