cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruGifj8sPVX
Constellation

Fingerprint lock setting issue

I am having an issue with my fingerprint lock setting. When the setting is enabled, my phone will completely shut off after 10 seconds of being idle. Now I have the use fingerprint lock setting disabled and my phone has not shut off after 10 seconds of being idle. In fact I have yet to have the same issue. What could cause this issue? I am on the latest security update. 

2 REPLIES 2
WELSHENTERPRISE
Astronaut

Re: Fingerprint lock setting issue

Sound to me that when you enable it your screen time out is being changed automatically to default setting of that mode. Try enable fingerprint and then go to screen time out settings and change the duration.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Fingerprint lock setting issue

@useruGifj8sPVX wrote:

I am having an issue with my fingerprint lock setting. When the setting is enabled, my phone will completely shut off after 10 seconds of being idle. Now I have the use fingerprint lock setting disabled and my phone has not shut off after 10 seconds of being idle. In fact I have yet to have the same issue. What could cause this issue? I am on the latest security update. 

You mean your phone just turns off or it is the screen that turns off?

If it is just the screen time out, then check to see if you have this enabled:

Go to settings>device care>battery>tap 3 dots on top right, then go to settings and look at "optimize settings", if it is on, turn it off