cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Firmware update Error Forever loop

there are many other posts on here about this issue. Firmware update that puts you in a forever loop of getting an error message "Firmware Update Cannot Be Completed" "If error continues please contact manufacturer". And it happens every hour until your battery dies. If you search on this forum, Samsung has tagged other posts as solved because they supposedly have a great solution. The solution is

1- Eject your sim card. Reinsert.

2-Open up Apps in settings. Push the three dots in upper right corner.

3- Select Show System Apps

4-Find OMADM

5-Clean the cache

This solution works for an hour, and/or until you restart your phone and then the loop begins again. 

What is especially aggravating is this issue is effecting a great deal of Samsung customers, and their response is no response, other than the post of a supposed fix that worked for a few people, but for the majority of us Galaxy phone users, we are in a downwards spiral where in a middle of browsing, a video call, taking pictures we get error messages without end, and a noticeable drain on our devices batteries.

Samsung, let us know that our complaints are heard and that you are actively working on a real solution. This is the time a lot of customers who are on the fence about Apple are waiting for you to convince them otherwise 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Firmware update Error Forever loop

yeah, I'll be switching back to apple. I never had any issues the years that I was with them. this is my 2nd Samsung phone, and last. I just mailed it into Samsung to fix, which is crazy I have to inconvenience myself like this. good job, Samsung. you're definitely losing loyal customers over this.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Firmware update Error Forever loop

They want me to mail my phone in. I don't want to. Got a lot of run around from Samsung blaming my carrier! Not a carrier issue! This will be my last Samsung!