cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Font is too large after update

I updated yesterday and now I can't access anything on my phone - the fonts and icons are too large. Nothing fits and I can't even get to settings. What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Font is too large after update

Lots of random poking to see what part of the screen selected what. Finally got to settings and tapped two above resolution to get into tht and change it. What a nightmare. Afraid to change it again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey there. Lots of us having this issue. Changing screen resolution works. You can change it as much as you want now, but a reboot will recreate the issue. I used a USB to hdmi adapter and it was easier to get to settings on my tv. Could try USB to pc with dex, but I haven't tried that yet. Cheers. 

Highlighted
Constellation

It will happen again if you restart. My phone is fine, but my wife has this issue. Exact same device and update. Safe mode didn't stop it, so not a third party app issue. The S-Pen helps see where the pointer is, or using smart view to put onto a TV. The first time it happened, just connecting to the TV reset it. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had the exact same issue with my father's Note9! His Note just received the June patch. After the update, he experienced the exact same issue. He keeps his phone on high performance, so he was unable to change the resolution. I ended having to plug the phone into a monitor and enable screen mirroring. From there, I switched the Power Mode to Optimized. That then lowered the resolution to FHD + (2220 x 1080). His display went back to normal. Fyi, if you change the power mode back to High Performace, WQHD (2960 x 1440), the resolution will still appear fine. However, as soon as you reboot your phone, the exaxt same issue happens. I found that if I keep the phone on Optimised w/ res FHD + (2220 x 180) and perform reboot, you won't run into the same issue. So please keep your phones on Optimised mode or lower so that you won't run into this issue again. Samsung, please fix this right away!!!!