cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Format SD card as internal storage

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution at all.

The reason we want to make our cards internal storage is everytime an app updates half of them will reload onto the internal storage again. This the means you are forever reallocating them back to your sd card so that your phone doesn't choke. I am now on my 4th samsung phone. I have a samsung tablet. My partner is the same and so is my son. Other phones give me more freedom and that may be the way to go. I have been loyal but this is paternalistic.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm disappointed by the inability to integrate my SDCard as internal storage. My next phone phone will not be a Samsung.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lurking 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CrowJenkins wrote:

Set up my note9, it's all fancy n stuff ya ya cool. I went to format my SD card and it's  only giving me the option of formatting the sd as "port" storage. Anyone have any idea how to format as internal?

Yeah, Samsung doesn't do that, which is good because once you format the SD as internal, you can never use it as external again. You can go to each individual app and move to SD card, if the option is available for that most. Most apps, but not all, can be moved to SD card storage. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Note 9 and am trying to save all my pics to the sd card and not being successful.  Any tips?  Also will it save directly to the SD card moving forward?

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBkEcSih4Ct wrote:

I just got the Note 9 and am trying to save all my pics to the sd card and not being successful.  Any tips?  Also will it save directly to the SD card moving forward?

Open your camera, click the settings wheel and scroll almost to the bottom and select SD Card for storage location . Once that's set, yes it will save there moving forward. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In camera settings change storage location to sd

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@CrowJenkins wrote:

Set up my note9, it's all fancy n stuff ya ya cool. I went to format my SD card and it's  only giving me the option of formatting the sd as "port" storage. Anyone have any idea how to format as internal?

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/09/11/how-to-format-samsung-galaxy-note-9-sd-card/

Here is how you do it.  Worked for me on my Note 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I strongly advise against using the microSD card for adaptive storage, and here's why. Let's say that you set your card to combine with internal storage, and I set my phone up to save virtually everything to the microSD card as external storage. In some cosmic coincidence, we both drop our phones and they each suffer catastrophic damage: the screens are shattered and they won't power up. You are unable to access anything... I pull my card out, pop it in a new phone and rock on. You can pull your card, but the data on it is gibberish because it's only half the information - the rest of it is in an internal storage location that you can't access. Please consider the risks when choosing adaptive storage.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If they want to make port storage default, thats fine.
But removing the option from those of us willing to take the risk, is ridiculous.
If I'd have known this I'd have chosen another device, and may still.