cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Forwarded call notification

Hi,

Since a few weeks i am an onwer of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 / 512GB / 8 RAM.

I gonna replace it for my 12 year old Nokia N73 Music Edition which is unbreakable  and still use these days because i missing the option to see a forwared call Smiley Sad
Both phones are used for business use and private use. The fixed phoneline from business is forwarded to my private phone.

On my 12 year old Nokia i always got a notification that the call is forwarded if someone is calling me, and stays there as long as i pick up the call.

The very anyoing thing is This galaxy note 9 phone app also show that the call is forwarded but for much to short period!!!! It's there for only 1 second or something. If i look at the phone it is disappered before i have the chance to see it! Smiley Frustrated

Also i like to put a different ringtone for a forwarded call!!! 

My  version of the call app is:

I am very disappointed SAMSUNG , especially because I have suchs a flag ship of a phone! Smiley Mad

How is it possible Samsung didn't put this in the phone????

Even Nokia understand this 12 years ago... why this isn´t in my brand new Note 9 with Android Pie?

I don't like to root my brand new phone to make this possible!

Please fix this soon SAMSUNG. 
Or do I miss something????? Sorry for my false accusation then samsung. Smiley Embarassed

Make me a proud samsung user! Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Forwarded call notification

Call forwarding is a Carrier specific and may be named differently depending on who you chose as your carrier. You would need to speak with them regarding availability of this feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungCole that is not true. I had the OnePlus phone before with the same carrier (T-Mobile) and it displayed the notification stating it was a forwarded call. I haven't changed carriers, just phones and Samsung doesn't allow this. Not carrier specific at all.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCole 

As mention here by @usertRpMu8eMSp . It isn't not Carier Specific!. Your solution is not the right one! 

In the mean time i already have some updates, but not seen a fix for this problem.

I don't feel taken seriously by you and you didn't do a good job to investigate this issue!

Sorry if you didn't understand me right!

You completely ignore my writing in the first post:

"It's there for only 1 second or something. If i look at the phone it is disappered before i have the chance to see it!  Smiley Frustrated "

Current version of call app:

Here by a picture i will make clear that the note 9 will show a notification what stays on top is to short!

Call forward.png
If it is Carrier specific that the notification is forwarded than samsung has very poor program work on this flagship phone IMHO!

"oproep doorgeschakeld" translate "forwarded call" stays there for only 2 seconds. And that is way to short!!!!

Tell this to Samsungs programmers that it stays in the picture longer!

Make me a proud samsung user and tell "forward" inside your company!

Way better is a sort of notification in the notification bar on top of the phone where battery wifi en time etc. are displayed! Make more advanced options for it in the led cover editor!

Like to see an update for the call app with this solution and expension on the led view cover editor!

I am awaiting your response!

NB: Don't deleted again this message without my permission! Because The truth will find you out!

Regards,

From the Netherlands.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This is a U.S. based forum and to get this issue resolved you will have to go to the region of origin of where the device was purchased. Here's a link to get to the correct forum. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungQue  Thanks for the ignoring and brush off and not take responsiblity. It's a worldwide issue.

Please tell forward inside samsung! 

Regards.

The Netherlands

Constellation

I wish there was a way to vote this feature up, Why do other phones have it and not Samsung. 

I actually want to block calls that show those notifications, I got the new s20 ultra and still i see that toast for only one second and it disappears, Other phones can do this.

Carriers cannot create toasts, its apps that create toasts, they perform network requests, mostly on USSDs and the sim toolkit. 

Am a programmer and i had to create an app that tells me if a call is forwarded, that was API 24 and i had to jail break my phone to do that,

Please Samsung, do this for us

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the support @lucemanb