cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dra3b
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 4 Camera Modes on Note 9?

So I came from the Galaxy Note 4 to the Note 9.

The camera of Note 9 is far more superior. No doubt about that. But the Camera modes of the Note 4 were SO MUCH better and much more fun..

2 modes in specific that I used to use a lot.

1) The animated picture mode, where you create a gif with part of the picture forzen and a specific part moving in a GIF motion back and forth. Something like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2E00pn05W5HVnZOUWtCamlWWkU/view?usp=sharing

This mode is gone and I can't find any app that does this. All gifs created move the whole picture and Ican't find this "freeze" option in any app or any camera. It's one of the reasons I am keeping my Note 4 in my drawer to use this mode when I want it.

2) The dual camera mode: where youcan take pictures or videos from the back and front camera simultaneously. This mode is also not available in ANY app or phone, not Samsung phones or any other.

Why did Samsung remove those 2 modes? Is there any way I could install the Note 4 camera app on the note 9? I tried extractig the apk and installing it on the Note 9 but it didn't work. I even extracted the apk of the modes only and also didn't work.

If you have a Note 4 or a Note 3 around (or an S4 or S5) give these modes a try and you'll see why I miss them Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 4 Camera Modes on Note 9?

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Highlighted
dra3b
Asteroid

Thank you. I hope this issue can be fixed as it was a really amazing and useful feature..

user8Ibdk3SHE7
Constellation

Yes Please, I have had my Note 9 for almost a year now and I am literally trying not to go back to my Note 5 because of some of these omissions. 

if it wasn't for the bad battery life on the Note 5 I would have probably gone back. I need the Live broadcast back on mine.

This experince is telling me I should reconsider upgrading in the future because more and more features will be omitted from what used to be a powerhouse of a phone series for 3rd party apps if you could even be lucky to find replacements.

You can still create a gif with the cameras on the Note10

dra3b
Asteroid

Yes but not like on Note 4 where you can freeze part of the picture and keep a small part moving. Check the link I provided for an example

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2E00pn05W5HVnZOUWtCamlWWkU/view?usp=sharing

userKWvYzhR8Gs
Astronaut

I get dra3b

I used the animated photo mode a lot too.

i.e. i can take burst shot of a friend blowing the candle of a birthday cake, but animate such that ONLY the candle flame is moving. My friend would be frozen in the last frame where the body/lips does not move at all and only the flame moves and gets "blownout"..

I too want this photo mode back.

Came from note 3 and note 5 then S7 (due to ntoe 7 recall) and now note 9....

I really missed this animated photo mode........

dra3b
Asteroid

I KNOW.

It was an awesome feature and It is still not included in the One UI 2.0

Is there a petition that we can do and submit to the developpers? It's not that they will do it from scratch. The basic foundations for the mode is available on the Note 4!!

Please bring it back.

I just wish Samsung would return the manual/pro mode controls on video that they took away with the "upgrade" to Pie.