cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc5xyHCWvAZ
Constellation

Galaxy Note 9 Bixby

On my Note 9 if I go to the Bixby home page and settings the option to use Voice Password is not present on settings ?? 

34 REPLIES 34
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 9 Bixby

Hey, with Bixby, it is possible to unlock your phone with your voice too. Turn on this feature with these steps:

1. Launch Bixby Voice and select the three (3) dots in the very top right-hand corner
  2. Select “Settings”
  3. Select “Unlock with Voice Password”
  4. Choose “Continue” and set up your preferred Unlock/Lock settings

If this does not work for you, please post a screenshot of your settings screen so that we can further diagnose the issue.  Also, please provide us with your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information. Thanks!
userUl9WPIDoQB
Constellation

no, the settings is not there on the note 9. checkout the screen shot: 

https://s.amsu.ng/2MtkUGqN7qnN

Supernova

@userUl9WPIDoQB: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version 

Carrier

userKFC9A8GH6w
Astronaut

Hi, I have the same issue with my Note 9. Please see below the details you requested : 

Model number: SM-N960F

Baseband version: N960FXXU1ARGC

Carrier: Orange România (but I bought the phone from Samsung Romania) 

Kyle G
Constellation

The same thing is happening to me.

Model: SM-N960U

Baseband Version: N960USQU1ARG6

Carrier: Verizon (US)

userchzBCXdAh7
Asteroid

I miss voice password so I miss my note 8

userUl9WPIDoQB
Constellation

Here is the information you have requested. Also, does Samsung plan on adding voice unlock to Bixby for note 9? I have to manually unlock my phone for every voice command to work and it is annoying, especially whe  laying in  bed or driving. Factory reset and other options did not work. 

Baseband: 
N960USQS1ARJ9

Carrier : Verizon

Model: SM-N960U

userUl9WPIDoQB
Constellation

What is the point in having a personal assistant if you have to manually unlock your phone in order to tell it to do something? I mind as well just go ahead and do what I was going to tell Bixby what to do since I would already be touching my phone.

Not having to manually intervene with your phone while asking your personal assistant to do something is expected... it is 2018.

Plus, you dont just strip out an integral part of a newer program that older versions support.

user45V1WkFNCs
Constellation

Yes it's very lame. I was on the phone with  Samsung today for 45 minutes and they had no idea there was even a problem. It's like 2.0 Bixby has gone backwards. There are a few other features that don't work anymore either. When I ask it to show me my IMEI number it ask me what contact I wanna call. When I ask it, let's  hear the latest world headline news it says that feature not supported.  These features all worked great on note 8 running  Bixby  1.0