cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS7HNuTdEZ5
Constellation

Galaxy Note 9: POOR Camera Quality

I like my phone. But the camera quality is HORRIBLE. Images have pixelation and when I take pics of my son even if he moves a little the photo comes out super blurry. I have to be be EXTRA STILL. On the Samsung 7 edge and other phones, i NEVER had this problem.  It is so difficult to get a good picture. The Samsung s7 edge camera is WAAAAAAAY better. How can this be FIXED?! Either this gets fixed or I'm switching to another phone. I'm not a fan of iPhones but I'm thinking about it now after dealing with this. I'm a big Samsung fan..this disappointed me. Phone is 1 month old.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 9: POOR Camera Quality

Does this happen in all camera modes? Are you using the stock camera? Also, does this happen in safe mode?

user4Nfww8XOVk
Asteroid

In auto mode, the pictures are always extremely soft even in decent lighting. If the subject moves a little or if your hand moves, it becomes a blurry mess. Portrait mode is terrible. Softens the subject with no details at all and focusing takes time to master. With the one UI, I see a slight difference in my portrait mode pics. They look slightly detailed now

userBIeB59wYQl
Constellation

My camera is very poor also. Always a blur. Very disspointed. We always use my friends iphones for pictures instead. Night and day as far as quality is concerned. May be a deal breaker for me next time around. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userS7HNuTdEZ5 Thanks for reaching out. What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userBIeB59wYQl @userS7HNuTdEZ5 hey there! If you're having bad camera issues believe me that is not the norm for the Note 9! I have had my Note 9 since August and it takes amazing quality pictures. Does the same bad quality photos also occur when using a different camera app (like Open Camera)?

userS7HNuTdEZ5
Constellation

Hi there! I have the camera that came with the phone. Is there a camera app you highlyrecommend? Like I have to be so still and the images have a bit of blurriness pixelation. I have good photos too but it could be better.

Belaythatorder
Cosmic Ray

The Google Pixel camera software (often referred to as GCam for short) can be downloaded to give you a better camera option.

For Snapdragon I've used Gstark's 3.6 or higher versions. For Exynos I would suggest Miniuser123. The APKs install like any other download. You will need to toggle on accept unknown sources to be able to download since these are not from the Play Store.