Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9: Power on screen message - how do you change this?

(Topic created on: 12/26/20 8:23 AM)
-Peta-
Astronaut
Options
Note 9

I can change the homescreen contact details message when the phone is locked, however, what I can't change is the contact details message when the phone is initially powered up or re-started... mine had my late husband's phone number which obviously isn't any help to anyone!  How do I change this please?

I've read the user manual cover-to-cover and it isn't in there!  Also spent  2 hours Googling and it isn't there either!

PS. I am not an astronaut!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Options
Note 9

@-Peta- wrote:

I can change the homescreen contact details message when the phone is locked, however, what I can't change is the contact details message when the phone is initially powered up or re-started... mine had my late husband's phone number which obviously isn't any help to anyone!  How do I change this please?

I've read the user manual cover-to-cover and it isn't in there!  Also spent  2 hours Googling and it isn't there either!

My condolences about your husband.  Try this to change the message. 

Settings > Lock Screen > Contact Information.  See if that is where the message is stored at.  

0 Likes
-Peta-
Astronaut
Options
Note 9

Hi Brad,

No, that's the homescreen contact details, I've already changed that to my daughter.  What I'm after is when you restart or power on the phone, there is a way of changing it there too but mine is still my late-husband's!

PS. I am not an astronaut!
0 Likes
Options
Note 9

@-Peta- wrote:

Hi Brad,

No, that's the homescreen contact details, I've already changed that to my daughter.  What I'm after is when you restart or power on the phone, there is a way of changing it there too but mine is still my late-husband's!

Ok.. we might be looking at 2 different things here.. LOL..  Is what you are looking for is when you power on your phone, and before you get to the lock screen?  The very first screen you come to.  I did an experiment and went to Settings > Lock Screen > Contact information and changed mine.  Shutdown, rebooted the phone, and when It came back before it asked for the pin code had the new information.  Is this where you are looking?? 

0 Likes