cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5jioo2wycV
Constellation

Galaxy Note 9 Rebooting Randomly after Pie Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the last update from T-mobile my Note 9 has been randomly rebooting itself. I've already factory reset it, deleted cache but still keeps happening and very often.

Anyone having the same problem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 9 rebooting randomly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the symptom still happens when the device is in safe mode and after a factory data reset I would recommend a service repair at this point. If you wouldn't mind sending us a private message here with your full model code and IMEI number we can look into what options you would have available for that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for assistance with your concerns.  We wanted to know does this occur when you place the device in safe mode?

You can locate the troubleshooting steps to test the device in safe mode here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001076/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5jioo2wycV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In safe mode does not happens. But when I factory reset it still does. I'm not sure if it is something being downloaded by the system automaticly or an app that comes with the phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for confirming that information for us. When you tested the device in safe mode and the issue did not occur, this is a direct indication that a third party downloaded application is causing your issue and you would want to remove it to stop the issue. We recommend removing recently downloaded applications and testing the device until you find the one causing your phone to reboot

Please reach back out to us and let us know if this resolved your concerns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user5jioo2wycV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I did what you said and it did work for a little but then I left in safe mode over night to be sure and it rebooted itself again. What should I do now?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the symptom still happens when the device is in safe mode and after a factory data reset I would recommend a service repair at this point. If you wouldn't mind sending us a private message here with your full model code and IMEI number we can look into what options you would have available for that.

View solution in original post