cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Note 9 battery swelling and pushing the phone open

Hello,

The battery in my Note9 has started to expand pushing the back out. I'm worried that it might explode or catch on fire. Attaching photos showing how much it has already blown-up.

IMG_20200720_212524.jpgIMG_20200720_212622.jpgIMG_20200720_212705.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy Note 9 battery swelling and pushing the phone open

so far my note 9 only issues is that it start freezing up or it can't connect to the galaxy store. this made me wondering did samsung do something's to push us toward upgrading to the new model, if this is the case, i hate to leave my note 9, I still got my note 4 and have no issue with going back to it or going to an Apple phone, I don't know how to address the issues with your battery problem but if I was you, I would have that look at ASAP, you don't need no exploded battery or even a fire
Highlighted
Asteroid

I agree. Especially since the new Note20 Ultra is a letdown and in many ways is even a downgrade from the earlier S20 Ultra. And also, Note9 is not even that old, especially not old enough to have major and dangerous problems like this.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello! I'd be more than happy to look into your concerns. May I have the model and serial number via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

run and duck. mine had the same problem. UBREAKIFIX put in a new battery. around $90 and two hours wait. it started with random shutdowns.