cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Store Now Requires Access to Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is not solved it is just begining..  Hay Samsung I have 5 current samsung phones,  you dont need permission for my contacts I paid for the phones its not a lease..  there is no shareing turned on at all on my phone.   You and verizon are forcing updates I dont want, I was more than happy, for the first time ever, with oreo on my note 9, it just worked.  now I have to relearn a new system for 6 months till you change it all again.

I am actually looking at apple again because of the privacey issues only.  Thats 5 new $1000 dollar phones, yes I can write a check,  and I wont be switching back.  If this permission issue is not reversed within the next update I will be switching,  I am currently not allowing acess and cant update any apps..   My patence with you and google is wearing very thin.  you have lost all of the lawsuits in the EU over privacey and blanket EULAs,  I dont use any google products or services, and all are turned off on my phone, all of my friends have done the same, enough is enough..   

Solution=  samsung start your own operating system with real security I will buy it and any new hardware needed.  

PS , linux mint user dont like the view inside the orchard or the windows prison..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You hold Samsung to a different standard than Google even though Samsung is REQUIRING access to use their app store which not even Google does.

You should check out the Librem 5 and PinePhone! The software is coming along nicely but they need financial support.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't see how this answer can be called a solution as it's obviously not one.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this marked as a solution?  U get some kind of better ratings? "No known work arounds" is not a solution . Therefore its part of the problem.

As IF anyone from samsung (lower case S) is even going to be ALLOWED to post a solution. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This app obviously violates our privacy forcing us to provide access to our contacts and phone without our concent and any business reason.

Please, a least, respect us and do not mark this question as solved since you haven't provide any solution. This request to accept this solution is ridiculous.

I'm very disappointed with Samsung and its forum moderator.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution. Rather, Samsung admits the offense. I have stopped using Samsung apps, never consent to Samsung accessing contacts, and never use the Galaxy store. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungRei wrote:

At this time the permissions would be required in order to use the app. There are no known work-arounds that I could offer. However, I appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

There is no way the forum has anyone who agreed this is a solution 

You all make phones freaking expensive and customers invest for their security not to be breached by the thieves like Samsung. I am going to ensure the theft is made public. 

No way an app store, default with my purchase of phone should have or need access to my private information. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have software updates that I cannot install because I cannot access the Galaxy Store. 

I will not approve permissions to Contacts on my phone.  Shame on you for even asking.

This weakens the value of my Samsung phone and makes me likely to avoid the brand.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree completely.  My Note 9 will be the last Samsung device I ever own unless Samsung ends this practice.  Even Google is not so invasive.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't agree more, I'm terribly disappointed in Samsung. Explain to me why you need access to my contacts so I can use the Galaxy Store app? What data are you mining on my phone ?