cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Store Now Requires Access to Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its a shame samsung does this. There is no solution of this problem other then removing the weird permissions. So dont mark this tread as resolved. If i knew this before, i would have never switched to Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I created an account just to say that my tablet will be my last Samsung device. Requiring contacts to function without any explanation is not something I can consciously accept

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a real solution that may work for some people.

Move your contacts to the SIM card(s) instaed of using the phone storage for contacts.

Now remove sim card slot prior to opening Galaxy Store.

Once finished with Galaxy Store force close the app then deny contact permissions for the Galaxy Store via Settings>Apps.

Insert sim card slot and continue with your private life.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this solution works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is not a solution! Here we go again with another distraction from what ought to be the focus. The solution is not for me to transfer my contacts to any external medium, it is for "samsung" to not force me to give them access to information that is private and has no semblance to what needs to be done for an update. Really, why does "samsung" need access to my contacts in order to update my wallpaper? This is just a despicable behaviour and greed. Phones are already overpriced but yet monetizing customers is still a priority of the capitalist greed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Simple work around for this access to your contacts. Set up your secure folder with fingerprint/iris. Move contacts to secure folder. The apps in the home screen will not be able to access your contacts. As well as anybody that uses your fone without code/fingerprint/iris. Also settings in secure folder hides names of contacts in home screen fone recents. Thats away of keeping contacts private.