cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Re: Galaxy Store Now Requires Access to Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung should reconsider. I now realize i made a mistake buying a Samsung. I will be sure to inform every one I know of this poor lapse in judgement by Samsung
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Store Now Requires Access to Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never bother trying to access the Galaxy Apps store because of the required access to my contacts. If any app that doesn't actually need my contacts to function requires them to access the app, I move on to another app or do without.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have software updates that I cannot install because I cannot access the Galaxy Store. 

I will not approve permissions to Contacts on my phone.  Shame on you for even asking.

This weakens the value of my Samsung phone and makes me likely to avoid the brand.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree completely.  My Note 9 will be the last Samsung device I ever own unless Samsung ends this practice.  Even Google is not so invasive.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't agree more, I'm terribly disappointed in Samsung. Explain to me why you need access to my contacts so I can use the Galaxy Store app? What data are you mining on my phone ? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed. I'm simply not updating the apps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not am I when promoted. I do notice that many apps see to go ahead and update anyway even without access to contacts.  I will never give Samsung access.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah not to mention the ads that you have to watch now when downloading a simple wallpaper or trying to just download an app from the Samsung store. I'm sticking to Google play store for everything from here on out

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Contacts" is misleading. There is more than your email and phone number plus address. It also encompasses everything about the hardware, Ser No, IMEI, network (mobile), firmware, software version build. The kitchen sink. 

And it allows mapping what apps are installed. How often you email or call a contact. 

I found an Apple dev page on contact framework but not the one I read somewhat recently on the subject - esp for the person jumping to iOS. 

I tried Google, XDA, other likely sources. 

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/contacts 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this only for the Note 9 or for all Galaxy devices?