cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7EyWM0fBGX
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy note 9 annoying location popups

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it just my phone or is everyone constantly getting notifications to turn on location every 20-30 mins. I tapped disagree and no multiple times when it asks to turn location for no reason, even when I'm looking at homescreen of the phone with no other apps running. Sometimes it turns on location by itself.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy note 9 annoying location popups

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If its straight from Google and there is no disable method in your settings, then we would recommend reaching out to Google directly to find out how to disable this notification. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes.

Device maintenance > App issue report

user7EyWM0fBGX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's showing no apps issue. It seems like it's from Google. I don't know how to turn this off.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with the device in safe mode?

user7EyWM0fBGX
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't tried safemode yet. It's a long paragraph notification. Says by agreeing Google can track your location to better serve you when your location is on. Even if I hit agree or disagree, the pop-up keeps popping up every 20-30 mins. Regardless of my input, it will turn location on most of the time by itself. I'm positive it's from main Google apps.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If its straight from Google and there is no disable method in your settings, then we would recommend reaching out to Google directly to find out how to disable this notification. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.