JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Speakerphone Automatically Turns On During Call / Note 9 Phone

(Topic created: 10-12-2023 07:09 AM)
poodge66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For the last two days while on phone calls on my Note 9, the speakerphone automatically turns on.  I am not turning it on, it just goes on.  I have to tap the speakerphone button to turn it on and then off to get it to turn off.  I have not downloaded any new apps, but the apps I do have update automatically.  My husband who also has a Note 9 is having the same problem.  In the middle of a call the speakerphone automatically turns on.  

Is there anyway to stop this?  It is very annoying especially if I am on a work call.

Thank you..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is for the speakerphone to turn on during a call.

We recommend testing the phone in Safe Mode, as suggested by Longhiker. 

You can also try clearing the cache partition and repairing the apps in the recovery menu.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
A final step for troubleshooting would be to do a factory reset of the phone. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If the speakerphone continues to turn on, service is recommended. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

16 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@poodge66 As a troubleshooting step, boot into safe mode. If this does not occur while booted in safe mode, you know that some 3rd party software is causing this. 

To boot in safe mode, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

poodge66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am pretty sure it is a 3rd party app.. but I have no idea which one.  

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@poodge66 The only way to find out is to start uninstalling 3rd party apps. 

Brin121
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Note9. Only started recently too.

poodge66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I messaged Samsung on Twitter and the told me to try a soft reboot. I am hesitant to do that. I think its either an update on an app or something Samsung pushed down in an update. If its an app they suggest going through each app. Thats insane.
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@poodge66 A soft reboot is simply restarting your device. 

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen twice.
  2. Click the power button. 
  3. click on restart. 
shanderson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am also having this exact same issue. Has anyone figured out which app could be the root cause of the problem? Uninstalling every single app that was updated over the last few days will pretty much wipe everything off my phone....

poodge66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I have not figured it out yet. I did the soft reset, but its still doing it. My husband's phone is also doing it and the only apps that we have similar are from Samsung, At&t and Google.
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@poodge66 The soft reset is only going to solve an extremely limited amount of things. I posted how to do it only because you mentioned that someone had recommended it. 

Did you boot in safe mode as a troubleshooting step?

If the issue does not occur while booted in safe mode, you know that some 3rd party software is causing this.