Asteroid

Re: Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have any call record app.

js0uth
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Noticed this the other day as well. Got the T-Mobile version straight from Samsung. Hopefully this gets fixed.
subearon1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved it for us...top speaker works fine on calls now.....Thank You

userF5y3lcAwBp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found out how to fix it ? And this may sound weird but what color are your note 9's. I have a purple and the issue only is happening on my phone and not my husbands blue note. 

useruxlyOwcw9c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I am not wrong, this feature to shut off the top speaker when the promixity sensor senses something near, is actually to protect the phone user's hearing. Many times I have put the phone on speaker mode during calls to listen to automated voice answering, and then out of habit put the phone to my ear to speak when I get connected to a human. This feature to shut off the top speaker automatically when i put the phone to my ear is a blessing for me as I will never remember to turn the speaker off. 

Bdpnutz3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow thank you for that advice I think somebody has figured this out it is a protection feature! If your phone is on speaker and you put your phone to your ear the proximity sensor shut the top firing speaker off to protect your hearing and then when you pull the phone away from your head after a few seconds it will kick back on that is why it seems like it's going on and off thank you so much whoever figured that out

Highlighted
Pierhh
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung must fix this issue with the sensor while in speaker mode with the software update.

Bdpnutz3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the blue device and it is happening on mine I almost returned it until I found this forum, today was my last day for a buyer remorse return. It's driving me nuts when I'm talking to somebody on the phone, speakerphone, or regular phone suddenly it kicks in and they are blasting in full stereo. Otherwise I can't hear them at all it sounds like they are muffled
userbGmlzB0iC9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed that too, the last couple of days...

userToehLErgBW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing a similar issue. Initially the speaker would work fine - now when I am on a call - the speaker goes off while the phone is still in the speaker mode ! ... It's a bug / issue with the hardware it seems !